Singaporean move to BKK

Hello,

Im from Singapore and recently just move to Bangkok probably less than 2 months.
Staying in On nut area. Currently I'm a student in one of the language school taking thai language classes.
I would like to meet more fellow Singaporean and also looking for a job in Bangkok.
My hobbies are scuba diving. i had been diving in some of the island around the south.
It was awesome. Hope to meet some divers in this forum too.
You may pm me to chat further.

Mei hui

Welcome to Bangkok and if you need tips, feel free to ask. You can speak thai to me too so as to practice.

Of course I speak English, Cantonese, hokkien, teochew too

Still looking for job?

[link moderated]

Hope this help.

Greetings.  I'm an expat from America living in Bangkok, and I don't dive, and I'm probably not in a position to help with jobs, but if it seems I could help with answers to any questions let me know.

It's already quite obvious but the main thing foreigners do here for work is teach English.  At different types of schools (local and international) they emphasize teaching conducted in English so anyone with an education related degree can teach a different subject if they'd rather.  Beyond that all hiring of foreigners is an exception, possible but difficult to arrange if a Thai could also do it, which covers almost everything.

Thinking outside the box a little, like networking with other Singaporeans living here, is a good start.  I saw a list of jobs foreigners could do once--might be hired for; the list of what is actually restricted isn't a long one, and it's in a thread here--and it included scuba instructor.  The idea seemed to be that a Thai could only do that if their scuba certification and English proficiency allowed it.