How do you guys go home after a night out?

Hi everyone, nice to meet you all. Thank you for reading this-

I don't go out often, but I sure do like to meet new people. when my company told me they'd like to send me to Phnom pehn, first thing came up in my mind was 'How do I go home after partying?'

There are only about 5,000 Koreans in entire Cambodia, and what they have mentioned on their blog was that 'not to walk aroud during night in Phnom pehn, since it can be dangerous.'
Do you use a cab to go home? or Is it okay to walk home?
also, is it easy to get a cab in late night? say, 2 or 3am?

I'd appreciate it if anyone could give me an answer for those.

Thank you, and have a great day :)

hey! maybe yes sometimes its dangerous for the wowan...
be careful if you walk in street some guys in motorbike
stoll the handbag...
but normally no problem im thinks camodia its safe country.
  take care bye! :)

Take a tuk tuk. Don't carry anything you can't afford to lose, and avoid carrying a handbag if you can. Good advice for a solo female, is to find a few tuk tuk drivers thay you can trust and use them, obviously trust needs to be earned so it may take a while.

Taxis are also available,  although you need to ring and order them.

Just use common sense, be aware of your surroundings and practice personal security procedures and you'll be fine. ..Cambodia is probably one of the safest countries I've visited orlived in, been here nnearly 4 years with no incidents.

It is better you not walk along the road alone at midnight. And do not bring along with you a valuable thing, like camera, laptop and alot of dollars. At night you should take a tuk tuk with a group of friend.

You can take a taxicab or tuktuk. Walking on the streets at midnight is not a problem Phnom Penh is a safe place unlike other Asian countries. Of course when you want to walk alone you have to be very careful. It's better to walk with the group.

Hi guys thank you so much for letting me know that:) it helped me a lot! I guess it's not as dangerous as I thought it would.

have a great day everyone and I hope to see you in Phnom pehn:D

See you in Phnom Penh...Just let me know when you get here...

I usually drive back after nights out. Main road are usually quite safe but one still has to guard against snatch thief or petty thief.

Agree with rarky is to find a few tuk tuk drivers that you can trust.

Even then, one of my friends who went out with 2 other ladies on a tuk tuk met snatch thief about 1-2am and they could not catch up with the local guy on foot.

Follow a general rule ;Don't carry anything you can't afford to lose

The local hardly walk and its not difficult for them to recognise foreigner who walk.

Hey Sister,

I am fine walking home, but I definitely think ladies need to be more careful.

Tuk Tuk's are readily available & generally quite safe & cost about US$2. If u get out & about more regularly you can get the contact details of a private taxi & have him drop you off & pick you up & at quiet an inexpensive rate.

Hope this was helpful.

Cheers,
Glen

Take a tuk tuk you already know and trust ( I've heard several recent reports of people getting into strange tuk tuks while drunk late at night and getting into trouble, or call a taxi. Taxis don't drive around looking for fares, you must call them and order one, but they aren't expensive so it's worth the peace of mind. If you're alone and taking a tuk tuk, it's also better to have a friend drop you off at home if possible.

Me and an expat friend from Uk were walking to our hostel at midnight. He got a little ahead of me.

Suddenly, out of the darkness, three women grabbed me and groped me! One got one wrist, another the other and the third went for my crotch. They let me go when I struggled loose and threatened them.

When we got back, I asked me friend if he saw what happened. He said, "They were not women." They had heels, makeup and dresses. "They were probably going for your wallet."

We still are laughing about it.

Wil

I walk every where in Phnom Penh, but a woman may be better off in a tuk tuk or moto, but Cambodia is not more dangerous than other countries.

I'm an American who was married in Brasi, traveled extensivly throughout North and South America as well as most of se Asia.. After spending 3 months in Cambodia in 2012 and 8 months in 2013 I've come to the conclusion that Cambodia is probably the safest place I've spent time in. The crime I've seen first hand has been snatch and grab usually purses or cell phones with the theives working in pairs on a Moto one driver one snatcher. Just be smart and if you are out late carry a small handbag at most, something you can put between your legs or inside your jacket undetected as you ride in a Tuk or on a Moto. In Cambodia it's all about keeping contact info of trusted Tuk or Moto drivers so you can reach them when needed if they aren't available they will send a friend of theirs to get you safely home adding another backup transport to  your network. Why walk when the cost for a Tuk is a couple dollars or 1 dollar for a Moto?
Having seen people get gunned down in the states, had guns pulled out on me numerous times, had many friends robbed at gunpoint I've been forced to carry a loaded gun in my car glovebox at all times a loaded shotgun beside my bed so I don't get caught slipping ... it's been a real breath of fresh air to be able to stay in a major city like PP with such a low level of crime relative to the USA, Mexico, central and South America!

Hi!

after partying. if you caught up like 2- 3 am, definitely you have to ride....don't ever walk.esp. if you're alone.
ya, u can see a cab, a tuk tuk(that is the very common  transpo, its a 3 wheeler ride pulled by a motorcycle), you can also see a single moto, but then again if u came from a party and a bit drunk, tuk tuk is the best to ride.

in PP almost every hang out place are near. so u can pay the $2-3 to the tuk tuk, as they as much if its midnight or so.
u will know more on this when youre here.

have a great day!

Hi,  I just read your message.  I have been here since 04/17/2014.  I live and take care of a Cambodian family of 4 a mom and dad and 2 young kids.  Do you play go?  Do you know any Koreans that play go that live in Phnom Phen.  I come from NYC and I think that Phnom Phen is somwhat dangerous.  How are you doing so far?  Hope you are happy.  Looking for a go partner.

Best Happy New Year                                                                                                                             

Lawrance