Non-EU spouse entering the EU without a VISA?

I see. Thanks for your help. I have been waiting for my e-residence card for about four months, went there 4times to update about it but it really take so long.

Thanks guys for your help!!

Hi niceey,

if the visa ( Schengen visa) that you used to get to Malta is still valid you can use it to travel within the Schengen area (including Austria).

If you are a non-EU and are working without a work permit you are working illegally anyway and are at risk.

I can't comment on the 4 months waiting time for your residence card as it is unusual.

You don't qualify for a Maltese ID card . It is a residence card and you need a valid passport and residence card to travel within the Schengen area.

Don't leave Malta if your visa is expired!

Cheers
Ricky

hi ricky! thanks for the advice, maybe i should really wait then. and my work permit i applied it already at the same time with my e-residence card, i remember i applied it with the new rules for single permit application but i dont know why they process it so slow now. Anyways thank you so much.

I entered the country yesterday with my Asian Non EU wife yesterday. We just had our passports and marriage cert.

If anyone want more information on what our whole process then I will reply to a pm.

justinshine wrote:

I entered the country yesterday with my Asian Non EU wife yesterday. We just had our passports and marriage cert.

If anyone want more information on what our whole process then I will reply to a pm.

Nice if you would put it in in open forum, if it doesn't disturb your privacy.
The info could be handy for other members.

Fred, why do you not just get out of here? I repeat you know nothing of Malta, have nothing to contribute and just seem to use this as a way of filling in your time.

mas fred wrote:
justinshine wrote:

Nice if you would put it in in open forum, if it doesn't disturb your privacy.
The info could be handy for other members.

I am happy to reply to a pm if people think I can help them by telling them of my experience.

Other than that it shall remain private.