New members of the Iraq forum, introduce yourself here

Hi Alia,
I am in the process of setting up an oilfield service company in Iraq. Can you translate Arabic to English and vice versa?
My log in is Hbam951 but name is Stewart

hello I am khalid from Iraq University teacher .. I am in Ankara now  i would like to find job in any were. i have master degree in Soil and water Sciences in 2002, and  then teacher in university from 2005 and now im ph.D student  and I am almost so close to end my theses i would like you can help me as much as you can

Hi everyone! I am a helicopter pilot in South Africa and I might have an opportunity to come and fly in Baghdad for a while. I want to know about my safety. I hear scary stories on the news and have been told that it would be very unsafe for a western christian woman to be working there. I would however rather have the truth from those living and working there. Any girls operating out of Baghdad? Should I be concerned ? Should i just be careful or should I stay at home? Love to hear from you!!!

hey u better stay home
life is precious  ;):D

Hi I am looking for an expat opportunity :)

hi
wht ur name
were u from

Hi everyone,

I recently moved to Sulymainiah, working in mobile operator, looking forward to have big community and lots of friends here. Any coming activities?

Regards,

Hello , a Syrian living in Jordan , planning to move to Erbil , being scared and temptation is a weird combination !  :D

Hello Everyone,

I shall be travelling to Basrah for around a month to look for business opportunities as we deal with the Oil & Gas sector. I would like to know more about the long term accommodation and travel arrangements available to visitors in Basrah. I shall try to visit Erbil and Baghdad as well while I am there.
Other than that, any pointers on places to visit or good food would be greatly appreciated :)

Regards,
Varshik
Dubai, UAE

Hello,

We have just set up our company in Erbil and would like to be able to introduce ourselves with the Filipino Community / Association in Erbil.  We are into recruitment management consultancy who have been engaged with projects in Baghdad and Dubai  mostly with the US Embassy.  Now, we have set up in Erbil and have situate our office in Koya Street. 

Firstly, we will have new Filipino recruits (we call them consultants) who would want to have the option of joining the association.    Secondly, we would like to have the opportunity to also join the group and present our services if in case they are always on a lookout for better opportunities in the Kurdish Region. 

:)

[ Moderated : No free adverts, please register your company in our directory ]

Welcome to Iraq ..and ..Welcome to Basrah.

There are two 5 stars hotels in Basrah

Basrah international hotel .I do not recommend it for long term accommodation .only in case you can pay the amount that they want you to pay..in that case you can make contract with them and negotiate with them.

Manawi Basha.i recommend that for you as many oil companies in Basrah have some offices there and it is not expensive. You can negotiate with them in case you want to stay for long term.

Qaser Al.sultan .it is good and cheap.

There many hotels in Basrah .

At my last visit to Basrah I noticed in front of Manawi Basha hotel. The new brand hotel apartments building. You can check it of you want .

Hallo guys I'm working with Babylon Warwick hotel a 5 star of its kind in bangdad. So far so good.....nowhere my worry is do they have any African salons around here.....please help!

Hi Folks,  I am from Malaysia planning to relocate to Erbil working with international NGO.
Seeking advise in cost of living , room and board.
Regards
Raja

I am an Iraqi Mechanical Engineer Graduated from Engineering college ? Baghdad since 1980 .
I had participate with so many projects since that date , mainly with Gas Turbine power plants projects and recently i am working on LDO , HFO and water metal Tanks erection projects in Iraq / Basra .
Due to accomplish our last project i like to participate with any project as Mechanical Engineer in Iraq or GCC countries .
Mob. No. 00964 7901381509.

Hi Khalid,

I'm Faida from Iraq , I live with my family in Egypt. if you need any assistant we are here ready.
By the way before two years, we tried to live in Turkey by having a property in Istanbul; but we return back to Egypt as at that time we faced a problem of Arabic school for my two kids.
How is life in Turkey now, I hope every thing is fine with you.

B.R.

Faida

Already found a house!

Thank you very much!
Looking forward to meeting all of you!

if you need to rent a house you just tell me ?

(Moderated: please post in the jobs section)

Hi! Im Menche from Philippines,Im coming to one of my friend in Sulimania Iraq is it safe to go by Janaury next month
  thanx!!!

Hi Maeling!

May I know your exact address in Erbil which is Filipino community so that i can visit when i went there

thank you so much and More Power!!!

I am going to be working in Erbil for a few w months. I work in the area of early childhood education. I am an educator with many years of experience. I have worked in many countries around the world.mi am going to be looking for accommodations while in Erbil. I want something small, secure, affordable and with good internet due to my workload.
I am looking forward to visiting and being in Erbil.

Is the driving in Iraq like a typical M.E. Country?  I've lived in both UAE and Syria.

Hugh

Kindly contact me once you are in Erbil. My mobile no.0707502260195

Thanks & Regards
Syed Jeelani

Hello everybody,
Nice to be part of your community and hope to make some friends here.
I am based in New Delhi and am planning to take up a year long assignment in Erbil.
Don't know much about the place and certainly no one from there.
Would be happy to connect with people out there to learn about living conditions, safety
and fun things to do (including eating out and so on).
Any tips would be welcome.
thanks again and look forward to meeting some of you in the near future.

Hi,

Went through your message and noted that you will be in Erbil on a short assignment. Well Erbi is a nice place and secure unlike other parts of Iraq.

Thanks
Syed Jeelani
[moderated - avoid posting your personal details pls]

Hi All ,
I am in Erbil and wish to make contact with other expats.  I am from Turkey and work as an Engineer in Erbil.  Send me an email and let's meet.  One can never have enough friends. I like also playing Tennis , is there any place to play Tennis? And also I like the explore for the new places. How is the social life in Erbil? In where can I eat delicious foods , sweets etc. Where is the funniest place in Erbil?

Hi Shennim

Went through your mail and noted contents. Contact me on my mobile no.[moderated]

Thanks & All the best
Syed Jeelani

Hello!!
  Can you give me your exact address and phone number through my email coz this month im going to Erbil.

Thanx a lot and more Power!!

Hi All,

I am Ahmad i live in Erbil, i am an Civil Engineer i am looking for new challange in my career especaiily in construction & O&G Field.

I wish best luck for all expats in Iraq :)

Regards,
Ahmad Al-Ahmad.

Thank you my name is laura and I'm from wales in the UK and have recently applied for a job in Erbil as a teacher of English ! I'm a little scared due to the threat of Isis out there!

Living in Erbil or in Suli or in Dohuk is safer than in any big town in Europe. How many towns you know where wandering around alone in a park after sunset is safe for a lady? And chances of being shot in a school in Kurdistan are much lower than in the US....
As for terrorism, car bombs and the like I also feel safer here than in any major European capital city.

Kind regards,

Francesco

Where are you from ?

When are you going? Where are you from? I may be moving there too but im concerned about the security!

I live in Dohuk since one year after having been in Erbil for two years. I am Italian. I know it is a big effort reassuring friends and relatives that I am not in danger... But I also brought here my wife and my daughter during school holidays, and they too felt perfectly safe.
Wish you to get your position in Erbil and join the lively expat community in Kurdistan.

Ciao
Francesco

That is very re assuring thank you! Fingers crossed I get the job!

Good

Hi friends

iam new member. plz welcome me to join .iam living in basra and working as HSE manager at power plant.

Hello everyone,

I have noticed that there are some post that are going off topic.

I would like to remind you if you have any other subject to discuss, you can open a new discussion in the Iraq forum to do so.

Thank you,
Marjorie

Moderated by Christine
Reason: off topic

Closed