Job offer in Saudi but loans in Bahrain scared of travel ban

Hi All

I have had a job offer in Saudi which would involve a daily commute from Bahrain. The company are fine for me to remain living in Bahrain etc and will sort out residency. My issue is I have a loan and a credit card with my current bank in Bahrain. The job is a great offer and far exceeds my current salary etc, the question is if I leave my current company etc and move to a Saudi company do I run the risk of getting a travel ban as my employer is not in Bahrain? I intend to repay the loan and card obviously but I don't want to run the risk of attempting to cross the causeway on my first day in my new role and be told you cant as you have outstanding financial dues in Bahrain. As I say we will reside in Bahrain and I will commute to Saudi daily I currently bank with Standard Chartered and have not missed any payments or anything. Hopefully someone can help me out

Thx

Hello ads1984

Welcome to Expat.com and Thank you for your testimony!

If you have any questions , please do not hesitate.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

If you live in Bahrain and your loan and cards are up to date then you shouldn't have to clear them in order to travel to work in Saudi.

You are resident in Bahrain so you should be fine. I would suggest though that you talk to both the bank and credit card company showing your new contract and salary certificate. They will then be prepared for when your CPR is cancelled. Once you get your Iqama you can then apply for a paper CPR and produce that to the bank and card companies. They may freeze your accounts in the process so draw enough money out of your bank to sustain you during the process

Thanks for the reply Jo I tend to over think things and was getting myself a little worried. Thanks again

I almost have he same predicament as i have an outstanding balance with a bank but nevertheless i never fail to settle my due. But my company has decided not to renew my contract dew to bahrainization. I was trying to look for a decent job in bahrain but to no avail. Most of my applications are outside bahrain which i know that it will give a better pay off and will continue my monthly due. I actually retain an ample amount in my bank account to at least cover months of looking for another job. But I am just afraid that i might hold at the airport due to travel ban. Please advice me....

I replied to the other post you created on the forum, Melizal.