Best place to live in Manchester

This is the first time I post a thread here..

I am going to move in to Manchester with my husband. We are living in Hong Kong now. We know nothing about Manchester and wish to seek your views on which areas are the best for living. Though there are some postings with the simliar topics, they are years ago. Here are the details:

1. budget: GBP160000
2. interest: swimming, natural environment, sea/pool, flower, cycling, water tank
3. wish list: good amenities around, a house with 2-3 rooms, safe, not far from the city (within 30 mins by driving), good community
4. others: we have no kid and not plan to have one.
5. age: 35-45

I read those old postings and found that people have different views about the North/South/West-side of the city. These make me even harder to make a judgement.

Some people suggested Whitefield, Prestwich, Sale, Heaton-area, Chorlton, Monton and Horwich years ago. Some have negative comments on Moss Side, Pendleton, Pendlebury, Ordsall, Miles Plating, Cheetham Hill. Not sure if these comments still apply.

Much appreciated to have your views. Thank you.

Urmston is a very lovely place, not far from Manchester City Centre and just a few minutes away from The Trafford Centre!
I would definitely consider it here or places such as Whitefield, Prestwich, Chorlton and Monton.
All of these places are great in terms of access to other areas in Manchester, they are safe and they are all nice areas with spacious houses and lovely habitants.

Ashton underlyne