Nursing in Dubai

Hi there everyone,
I am an Irish nurse considering moving from Ireland to Dubai, for 12 months. The information given on recruiment websites makes such a move out to be the best decision ever, and that you would be crazy not to make the move, with higher tax free salary rates, free accomodation, free flights home once a year, etc.

However, what I need to know before deciding is what living and working there is really like? Does anybody know any expat nurses there? What are the hours like, etc? What accomodation do you get (I have read that it may be a studio apartment that you must share with a colleague as arranged by the hospital you work for)? As regards leisure time also, is it easy to meet new friends, is it expensive for daily living (bearing in mind that Ireland is quite dear!), what about bars, and stuff like being female in general?

I have read quite a bit on the subject, but I think most websites are biased as they want you to move there, and really I guess the best people to advise are the ones who have experienced/are experiencing it. I would really appreciate anyone who would take the time to fill me in on what they think about it all.

Thanks a million, Tara.

Hello Tara and welcome to Expat.com!

Do not hesitate to browse through the forum, it may help.

Wish you good luck,
Harmonie.

Hi Tara,

Im a nurse and looking to relocate to the UAE aswell. It looks too good not to. Did you find out any other information? Have you applied or been offered any jobs yet.
Gail x

hi tara,
snap....i am an irish nurse too concidering on relocating as ireland is very difficult to live in now:(
all the info from the recruitment sites makes it sound like a dream!! i am married with 2 children so for me its going to be a huge step...
are you married or have children?

hi  I am interested in approx. 6 months to 1 year contract working in uae   my interested would either be working in day clinics or out patiet dept    I would appreciate any feedback on nursing and adaptability to working in UAE. any comments would be greatly appreciated   thanks    Grainne