Schools available in Kuala Belait

Dear All,
Appreciate any one can advice me the details of schools available in Kuala Belait, and the academic Calender year also to get my 6 year old son.

Best regards

Sujith

Hello Sujith,

Welocme to expat-blog,

I started a new discussion for you on forum Brunei for better visibility.

Maybe some words about yourself ;)

Melissa

Thanks Melissa,

Iam an Indian,by end of this month may be I can come over to Kuala Belait to join with one private company.
Hence ASAP I would like to bring my family also to join with me.
The same time I need to find out a school for my 6 years old son.
Appreciate any one can help me on this regards.

Regards
Sujith

hi
I am naveena from Oman. i m basically from India. recently my husband got a offer in ITB.
As per job we don't have any problem.But regarding our kids education we are very much confuse.
There we seen two international school which is not in our budget.
St Andrew,s and st George schools are okay for us
may i know which school is better for our kid she is going to year 1.
And we want to know Positives and negatives for Indians there.
how about cost of living and housing there.
pl z i sent so many peoples to about this but very few responded. if i can get a proper information i m very thank full to you
Expecting your reply soon
Thank you

Dear Naveena,

I am living in Mumbai but have some experiences of Brunei on telephonic conversation with other Indian living in Brunei since long.

Brunei population is around 4 lac and Indian are only 10000
In the evening there is routine rain.
Oil rich tiny island is now following shariat Law- dress codes are there- police is very nice people.
Bandar Seri Bagawan is capital city and cost of living in Bandar is litter cheaper than other cities in Brunie.
It appears number of  cars are more  than number of people living in Brunie.
No rush in street-more restaurants. Most of expats are from tamilnadu, uttar Pradesh .
school fee of one children is around 150- 200 BD- in normal schools.
housing in Bandar is around 500 BD suitable for small family.
all goods and merchandise are coming from Singapore.

Thanks alot for your response
it is good information for us.
hearty thank ful to you

Revered Naveena,

Its all ok.

I understand that currently you are living in Oman and in process of shifting to Brunie along-with your family. Goodluck for your new destination.

I would like to have your experience of Oman on the following points;

I. what is rental value of one BHK flat in apartment ( located in normal situation and also in normal building.)
2. monthly fee for schools going kids.
3. Visa and immigration rules for indian expats  are easy to live and work in Oman or complicated.

Hope for early revert.

Mohammad

Hi

Average living cost for 2+3 family = 600 OMR

Rents for a 2 BHK appartment in Muscat = Ranges from 300-400 OMR depends on the location and facilities

3 children are school going how much it will cost = average 50 OMR per child if its an Indian school

grocery = Its cheaper ( food cost per 5 member family per month would be around 150 OMR)

Utilities= depends on what utilities u r looking for