Which free tools do you use daily for your blog?

The regular bloggers use a variety of tools to either blog, or manage their blog.

What are those? Which ones do you use the most, which ones can you recommend?

I use:

- Picasa picture editing tool (mostly to resize and compress pictures before publishing them)
- Flickr (as my main picture repository)
- Google Analytics (as my main stats monitoring tool)
- Woopra (as an addition to Google Analytics to monitor real time what's going on, on my blog)
- CSS Menu Generator (as the tool generating CSS code for my menu bar)
- Feedburner (for my RSS feed publishing)
- several tools to monitor my backlinks and pageranking
- Newsgator and Yahoo Pipes (to manipulate and aggregate RSS feeds)
- Google Gadgets and WidgetBox (for free widgets)
- Google and Yahoo webmaster tools (to check errors in links, robot monitoring...)
- CoolText and BrilliantMaker (for buttons, icons and badges)

More explained in this post.

Peter

I use Picasa as well, but mainly as a quick tool to find any pictures in my bulk ;)
(I'm looking since 2 years now to find the resize tool in Picasa. Where the heck is it??? :) )

I store the pics on my own hosting server (I got tired of flickr and other sites. whenever I move my pics get lost & my blog is my travel diary ;) )

I offer feedburner as well, but also the usual atom, whatever comes with blog software thingy ;)

I guess I will check out all the nifty things you mentioned ;)
I guess I will learn something :D

Cheers, Nicole

I'm looking since 2 years now to find the resize tool in Picasa

There are two steps in resizing I use in Picasa (version 3):
- the cropping function
- the export function (where it lets you define the quality you want and the largest pixel size (either height or width depending what is the highest of the two).

If you have any more problems, let me know...

P.

I guess it would be export then.
I usually have to crop, but with my new Baby the pics are still way too big for my blog :)
Normally I have an editing prog open anyway, but sometimes I just wish for a quicky.

I guess it would be export then.
I usually have to crop, but with my new Baby the pics are still way too big for my blog

Nicole,

Yes, cropping is ok, if you want to cut the picture, but if you still want to publish the picture as a whole, 'export' is the way to go. With the additional advantage it also allows you to compress the picture (compromising the quality a bit of course!), and to watermark it (put the name of your website on it)

rgds,

Peter

Now, that was what I was looking for. The easy way :D
Thanks a million :)

Meet other expats and join the events

OR