Resident Visa not cancelled and expire date also completed

Hi all,

My name is bala currently working in chennai actually i went muscat for project purpose in may 2012 and i got resident visa there.oct 2012 i completed my work in oman and i returned to india but i did nt cancel my visa while exit.

now visa expiry date also completed.

i have three questions?

1) is there any problem will be available if i again i come to oman.and to get new resident visa?

2)some one said "You can't get any gulf country visa without cancellation in your old visa" is this true?

3) if old company offered jobs again any possibility to work there?

Please suggest

Hi balamadan,

At the cost of sounding old fashioned, I must say that whenever you fail to follow the law of the land; its rules and regulations; processes and procedures, however simple they might be, it would come back to haunt you some day.

While exiting you should cancel your visa and surrender you resident card. So, what you have done is not as per the immigration / emigration rules and regulations.

Find my comments against your queries below :

1) is there any problem will be available if i again i come to oman.and to get new resident visa? - It would depend on your sponsor. Did you exit amicably with your then employer ?

2)some one said "You can't get any gulf country visa without cancellation in your old visa" is this true? - Yes it is true.

3) if old company offered jobs again any possibility to work there? - May be yes.

Good luck.

thanks for your reply.

Do you have any idea/(web link) for cancellation process&charges details please share me/guide me.

Google for 'Royal Oman Police Immigration'.

Sumitran wrote:

Dearest Sumitran jee,
I want to ask a question here from you.

In this case, the resident visa of the person is already expired (without cancellation) which means the visa record must be automatically expired along his resident permit. Do you really think that the visa still exist in the system, and if yes, then how they can cancel an expired visa ??  It"s kinda tricky situation, ain't it.

balamadan wrote:

thanks for your reply.

Do you have any idea/(web link) for cancellation process&charges details please share me/guide me.

Dear Balamadan,
Please keep us informed with the final result of ur case.

Dear Sumitran,

There is nothing like an 'automatic' expiration of the record at the ROP or the Ministry of ManPower. The Expired Visa still needs to be cancelled, most reasonably, by the then employer who sponsored her.

We faced a similar issue recently where a new employee's clearance was not being given due to the fact that we have had not cancelled a temporary employee's visa - who left us about 6 years ago. His record was still in their system, and they needed us to cancel that visa first.

I hope this clears the issue. In the present case, she should contact the then employer for visa cancellation and if that doesn't work out, should contact the local Oman embassy for the necessary steps.

Regards,
Faizy Syed
Partner
janashal.com

schaz wrote:
Sumitran wrote:

Dearest Sumitran jee,
I want to ask a question here from you.

In this case, the resident visa of the person is already expired (without cancellation) which means the visa record must be automatically expired along his resident permit. Do you really think that the visa still exist in the system, and if yes, then how they can cancel an expired visa ??  It"s kinda tricky situation, ain't it.

balamadan wrote:

thanks for your reply.

Dear Balamadan,
Please keep us informed with the final result of ur case.

Hi schaz,

Once entered into the system, every expatriate's personal records are available for the authorities should they ever need them.

If an expatriate does not abide by the rules and regulations while exiting the country that can also be easily noted. Usually when reapplying for a new visa all these irregularities will show up when they verify the person's name with passport number.

That is why I keep repeating myself on the forum that it is the unfailing responsibility of every expatriate to follow the local laws of the land. Nowadays with things becoming more and more difficult, all these things will be looked into more closely than ever before.

Hi Faizy Syed,

my presents is required in Oman If my employer accept the cancellation process?

Hi schaz,

Once entered into the system, every expatriate's personal records are available for the authorities should they ever need them.

The cancellation is must then.....  that clarifies...

Balamadan:
Hi Faizy Syed,

my presents is required in Oman If my employer accept the cancellation process?

No, your presence is not required for the cancellation process.

No yor

must you ask to your previous company
send them ur passport copy and visa page
then they just go to imigraion and cancel ur visa
may you get problem when u again try to enter oman even ur visa expire date finished

pls try to contact ur previous company and send passport and visa copy ask them to check

ok

Hi ,

Any one please clear me this doubt.

If my visa has been cancelled properly by previous company after that
any ban will be applicable for me?
am i able to get another visa for oman immediatly?
am i eligible to renewal the old resident visa?

balamadan wrote:

Hi ,

Any one please clear me this doubt.

If my visa has been cancelled properly by previous company after that
any ban will be applicable for me?
am i able to get another visa for oman immediatly?
am i eligible to renewal the old resident visa?

Hi balamadan,

If you exited Oman after July 2014, even if your visa has been officially cancelled in the airport at the time of your exit, then the 2-year ban would be applicable . In that case, no, you cannot get another work visa for a minimum period of 2 years from the date of your  departure.

There is however an exception to this rule - if your former employer is willing to give you a NoC, you can come back again on some other company's employment visa.

Also yes, you can come back again on an employment visa if you are rejoining your old company.

Good luck.

thanks a lot Sumitran ji.

just want to know within how many days will a indian get a employment visa

Once the application is made fulfilling the set criteria, the time taken for visa issuance depends primarily on the sponsor's record and the job the visa is applied for. There is no time limit - so better persuade the sponsor to keep in regular contact with the authorities.

Hi All,

I Could not get any response from my old company.but i found some details about my visa from http://www.manpower.gov.om. which i given below

Card Status Date  : 21/10/2012
Nationality  : INDIA
Education : Academic
Occupation  : COMPUTER PROGRAMMER
Date Of Birth : 04/06/1985
Visa Date : 06/10/2012
Issue Date : 10/10/2012
Expiry Date :05/10/2014

can anyone tell me what its mean that Status : Departure ?
if not cancelled old company can renew my visa if i went there?
what is the grace period to renew resident visa?

Dear Smithiran,

I am waiting for valuable input

@balamadan > It would be much appreciated if you can also put "Thank you" and "please" in your message. Members here are trying our best to give advices. Thank you :)

Could you please reply anyone for my above queries..

Thanks in advance..

balamadan wrote:

Could you please reply anyone for my above queries..

Thanks in advance..

Hi balamadan,

If no response is forthcoming, you must understand that there is no worthwhile information to be shared. Simple.

Many members have already contributed their mite on your different queries.

Dear sir.
I have one doubt about cancellation of visa. What about the grace period of cancellation of visa. That means last date of with out fine that I'm staying in Oman.my visa will expire on October 12,  2016. So when will be the last date of cancelling the visa . after 12 ,October can I stay in Oman . how much will be the fine

Hi Anishkumar,

A grace period of a month is given after the visa expiry. Every extra day post that would attract a daily fine.

Since the renewal of an expatriate's visa has to be done only by the sponsor (and not by the expatriate themsrlves), the onus of an employees visa rests with the sponsor.