Activities around the Marrakech area

Hi, anybody know of activities around the Marrakech area?  I would like to get out and meet new friends here. Thanks :)

cindyloutravels wrote:

Hi, anybody know of activities around the Marrakech area?  I would like to get out and meet new friends here. Thanks :)

It depends what you are in to.
You should maybe try some of the gyms in the area or from my experience going to a nice bar / restaurant can benefit ones self in finding new friends or things to do, just be wary of the people wanting to scam you or wanting more than just friendship.
But not everyone is out to get you, just keep your guard up.

KCM2014 wrote:
cindyloutravels wrote:

You should maybe try some of the gyms in the area or from my experience going to a nice bar / restaurant can benefit ones self in finding new friends or things to do, just be wary of the people wanting to scam you or wanting more than just friendship.

We did advise you to be careful when you first came on the forum and mentioned that you intend to spend some time there. It sounds like you came across dodgy characters, which unfortunately is the norm over there, even more so if the person is a tourist.

XB23 wrote:
KCM2014 wrote:
cindyloutravels wrote:

We did advise you to be careful when you first came on the forum and mentioned that you intend to spend some time there. It sounds like you came across dodgy characters, which unfortunately is the norm over there, even more so if the person is a tourist.

I understand fully the dangers that arise when visiting a new country, considering that i am half Moroccan myself I don't tend to come across "dodgy characters" since they wouldn't waste 1 minute with me, cause I am aware of how these low life scum work and with my dark features ( hair, eyes and skin) I can blend in easily, plus If i realised I was just about to get hustled I would not be quiet about it. I would make a lot of noise about it

As you say, it's the norm over here, isn't it the norm in many big cities to be hustled?
Where there are oblivious tourists, there is easy money to be made.

isn't it the norm in many big cities to be hustled?

I never get hustled in London. Even the smaller cities in Morocco are equally problematic.

These people target anyone, Moroccan or non-Moroccan, plus it's quite easy to differentiate between those living in the country, and those who are there for a holiday. As a tourist, there's going to be something different about you, whether it's your choice of clothes, accent, the manner in which you carry yourself, behaviour, your spending habits, bargaining, or whatever it is.. although it may appear that you blend in, to the keen eye, they can spot that you're a tourist.