Teaching Job in Slovakia

Is it possible to get teaching jobs there in Slovakia? I am from the Philippines and currently teaching here in Shanghai, China.

If you are a non-native speaker of the English language, you may find it very difficult to obtain work as an English teacher in many western countries. You would probably have much more success finding work teaching Spanish or Tagalog. This has been my personal observation as an (ESL) English teacher with a career spanning over 27 years.

Cheers,
James           Expat-blog Experts Team

Yey! Thanks! What about preschool teaching?

Hey,

Love Shanghai, awesome city isn't it?. Stayed in Shanghai on my transit in and out of China. East Nanjing lu. Ji`ang temple. Pudong was my favourite along with the old town areas. I really miss the city and the buzz you get from it. Wishing I was back right now.

In 2014 teaching  English a couple of hours travel south of you. North of Ningbo, Cixi . And now back in the UK, thinking where shall I go next. I was in Slovakia for a few weeks on holiday, in a little "iddy biddy" place called Velke Kapusany. Whilst there, a school offered a job teaching in a school. I was blown away with that offer. In essence I was just a tourist.

The school did say that if I could learn the Slovakian language, they would offer me a position. This was way back in 2010 and since, have been teaching in China and never returned to Slovakia. Just not have had the time, and as you know, learning Chinese which other languages takes the back seat, so to speak.

I must add that the time spent in that part of the world was brilliant. I wouldn't hesitate to work in Slovakia, the country is great, simplistic life style, great food and people. Which were really friendly. This is compared to the UK I live in, which is so stressful and expensive and nothing compared to the rest of the world and in my view worthless. I can give you plenty of reasons.

I was really looking like you, to be working in eastern Europe for 2015 and gauging my options.

Any how, how did you get on finding a job in Slovakia or are you still in Shanghai?

Drew

Hello! I am still in Shanghai. I hope to get job in Slovakia though :)