Job Offer

Hi Dear respected Members:
I got job as a Manager IT in a college, I have M.Phil Degree in Computer Sciences with having 4 years of teaching experience and more than International Research Publications as well. The College offered me Managerial Role as Manager IT.
They asked me to certify my documents from Oman embassy and also send them a fresh Medical check up. I did so and sent them back my certified scan copies with medical checkup.
   They will send my documents from approval fro Ministry of Higher Education Oman, My experience wont be an Issue, I mean I have Lecturing(IT) experience and the job offered to me is Managerial role, though my background is matched with the job.

junaidkhan23113 wrote:

Hi Dear respected Members:
I got job as a Manager IT in a college, I have M.Phil Degree in Computer Sciences with having 4 years of teaching experience and more than International Research Publications as well. The College offered me Managerial Role as Manager IT.
They asked me to certify my documents from Oman embassy and also send them a fresh Medical check up. I did so and sent them back my certified scan copies with medical checkup.
   They will send my documents from approval fro Ministry of Higher Education Oman, My experience wont be an Issue, I mean I have Lecturing(IT) experience and the job offered to me is Managerial role, though my background is matched with the job.

What exactly is your question ?
If the question is about your job description, that won't be an issue. We have witnessed the clerks, working on managerial positions (as well as holding the premium visas). So its all fine. There ain't gonna be any issue with this.

The college from which i got the offer, they have an IT centre (providing Internet, Accounts and IT facilities) to full college(Students, faculty etc) and this IT centre has an IT of 5 members including IT Manager so far I came across to know. The previous IT manager resigned and left the job and started PhD somewhere.
                     I have been applying for teaching (Lecturer/Faculty) jobs everywhere. so I have also dropped my resume in this college too, they offered me IT Manager post as this position is vacant there. In my offer letter they mentioned " regarding your application at our college I am pleased to offer you Manager for Information technology position".

My qualification :  M.S/M.Phil Computer Sciences
                            BS(CS) Hon's 4 years Computer Sciences
                            FCS/Intermediate  Computer Sciences

Experience :     Lecturer (Feb 2011-Aug 2013) Iqra National University, Pakistan
                        Lecturer (Jan 2009- May 2010) Hitec Degree College Peshawar
                        IT & Monitoring Officer ( Dec 2010- Jan 2011) in a NGO
                        Internship (HR Assistant) (Oct 2010- Nov 2010) NGO
                        Direct sales officer, (Jan 2007- Dec 2008) Paktel GSM

Certification:   MS-Office, Computer Networks, MCSE, Linux Administration
International Publications:  13 papers published in Intentional Journals

For more and specific details kindly have a glimpse over my profiles:
LinkedIn:  https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?i … ab_profile
Personal: http://about.me/johny_lover2003

Question:
Since i have mostly teaching experience and my last experience is as a Lecturer, And the Position offered me is IT Manager so its a Management position. so Is there any issue or point on basis of which Ministry of higher Education will not approve my application. job description is different as Lecturer requires to teach and Manager to supervise over all IT Infrastructure.  But yes my background is match with this position. And I have certifications pertaining to this position as I mentioned above. Computer Networks, MCSE etc

What irritates me, that MOHE will object that the person has a teaching experience and the position offered to him is related to Management.

Question:
Since i have mostly teaching experience and my last experience is as a Lecturer, And the Position offered me is IT Manager so its a Management position. so Is there any issue or point on basis of which Ministry of higher Education will not approve my application. job description is different as Lecturer requires to teach and Manager to supervise over all IT Infrastructure.  But yes my background is match with this position. And I have certifications pertaining to this position as I mentioned above. Computer Networks, MCSE etc

What irritates me, that MOHE will object that the person has a teaching experience and the position offered to him is related to Management.

The educational institutes are quite smart enough to obtain the MOHE approvals on various positions. There may be a possibility that they will obtain a clearance for lecturership and will offer you the job of IT Manager. I personally know quite a few people who've got the visa which doesn't match with their actual position.

So, don't worry about the MOHE. This will be well taken over by the college.

Hi Schaz would you please share your email address with me and cell number, thanks..

Hi,
Congratulation for the job offer. I am actually looking to apply lecturer in Oman as well, do you mind to share with me the range figure of the salary for a PhD holder and what pose (assistant prof, or assoc prof, or senior lect) that I could apply? Thanks