Part time job

Hai Experts,
                   Please advice me, I am waiting for my Work visa. , i sent my documents on 5/12/14 my HR says it could process on 3 week so i resign my job on This month end its a good decision for me & my another question is i relocate oman weekly & holiday time i will  do a part time job is legal...

Hi,

Resigning from your job before getting your employment visa in hand is a BAD decision.

Now all you can do is pray sincerely that your visa comes soon.

Secondly you cannot freelance, moonlight, or work part-time. It is illegal by law and if caught you will serve a sentence following which you will get deported.

Sir , My offer later says the position is  " Site engineer" so i get the visa on this position or another once & my salary is 250 OMR. company provide accommodation, food coming under my salary package so kindly recommend me Very cheap hotels & Foods & prepare my food is effective low cost pls suggest me sir..

Site Engineer ... and R.O. 250/month salary ???

It is way too low. Are you by any chance a B.E. degree holder ? If you are don't under sell yourself.

It is most likely that you would be on some worker's visa only as your job title and package do not match.

Food you can comfortably manage in about R.O. 50/- for 3 meals a day, for a month.

But reassess your offer.

I m diploma civil engineer have 5.5 years exp. i need gulf exp for my personal growth so i accept my offer sir.

Food s costly. Saravana bavan asks 1 rial for 1 dosa. Cookin at home can ly help . salary wt yu say s less t manag

Hi vijay..

I have seen your post..RO 250 rombha kammii for 5.5 years experience..Eppo demand panunga..visa clearance kedaichadum resign pannalam..Erundalum try to increase your salary above 450 .All the best..

Sumitran wrote:

Site Engineer ... and R.O. 250/month salary ???

It is way too low. Are you by any chance a B.E. degree holder ? If you are don't under sell yourself.

It is most likely that you would be on some worker's visa only as your job title and package do not match.

Food you can comfortably manage in about R.O. 50/- for 3 meals a day, for a month.

But reassess your offer.

Dearest Sumitran jee,
This is  something what I highlight in almost every single meeting, held between the PDO/Shell stake holders. This is really impacting a serious negativity on the operations, production and many of the projects are being suffered due to the reason that the contractors bring out employees (from India / BL / SL) in extremely low salaries and ready to compromise on the quality assurance. And once they start suffering the production deferment, they start yelling at the contract holders, pertaining to the fact that the workforce is available.

Many, many of the local contractors /consultants bring people who have done the certifications of only 6 months (or probably a year) and they hire them as Engineers / Site Engineers and even Engineering Managers. This is something that disturbs the "Real" engineers crazily and that's where this country is lacking at. Anyhow, I seriously condemn those contractors who don't even know the status of engineering because as u know, in this part of the world, its just running the company, compromising on qualities, standards and related stuff.

Deepakvijayaragunathan Yesterday 15:54:02
I m diploma civil engineer have 5.5 years exp. i need gulf exp for my personal growth so i accept my offer sir.

Deepak,
The offered salary is not considered as the salary of an engineer (Please be clear on it). I wish you best of luck to obtain the engineering visa even if you're not an engineer (as its the most expensive visa all over Oman). Secondly, there won't be any expenses on the site, hence I assume 80% of your salary is your saving.

vishwa2128 Yesterday 22:53:47
Hi vijay..
I have seen your post..RO 250 rombha kammii for 5.5 years experience..Eppo demand panunga..visa clearance kedaichadum resign pannalam..Erundalum try to increase your salary above 450 .All the best..

Please refrain to use any other language else than "English" in this forum.

akashv wrote:

Food s costly. Saravana bavan asks 1 rial for 1 dosa. Cookin at home can ly help . salary wt yu say s less t manag

Hi akashv,

While there are only 2 Saravana Bhavans in Muscat, there are over 2,000 other affordable eateries all across Muscat which serves good south-Indian food.

To get decent Indian food in Muscat is not a problem at all - given the vast number of Indian expatriates living here.

For R.O. 50/- per month one can get 3 good meals a day for 30-31 days.