Internet speeds

Until a year or so ago, my internet was seriously rubbish, managing 1mbps on a good day.
Then my provider, first media, started getting better, making the internet useful.
I bought a bolt, making my connection much better, now varying between 5mbps on a bad day, and up to 33mbps on a good one.
This morning I saw this.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7513/16069566052_3ee2bf2619.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7559/16070243645_3dbe37f4b8.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7565/16068301531_d5cc1fe9d0.jpg

I didn't test it, but it seems interesting. The security bloke told me it was available to schools, offices and such.

What speed to you get?

I cant get full 3g where I live. Its a bolt blackspot and first media no go area so speeds here are based not on mbps but pwps (pidgeon wing beats per second).
At work if its not rainy, cloudy, not to sunny, not too hot, no floods and the like then the speeds are almost fast.

I dream of good internet but then I dream of many things. First world problems are a drag.

I also dream of many things, but most are illegal.
However, I generally get quite good internet at the moment, at least good enough for steaming youtube, skype and other normal stuff.
I was wondering what it's like in other areas of Indonesia, but it seems some bits of Jakarta have poor service.

Other part of Indonesia are much more worse then in Jakarta,good internet connection is like dreaming to reach the moon by the ladder.
My family were in village so when it was time to have video call trough Skype  or other app my family must gather up outdoor near river  :D funny indeed , and I would made jokes out of it( asked them to bring a long mat and food to eat while waiting for loading)

Here in the outskirts of Ubud, Bali, Telkom Speedy works pretty well.  When I check my connection status it says that my connection speed is 100.0 Mbps, but I don't believe that for one second.  Youtube and on-line movies stream OK really late at night, but with frequent pauses.  Skype is OK, but again, much better during very late hours which is no big deal since those that I normally Skype with are in the US or Europe anyway.

For sure though, internet connections for me these days are a world apart from where I was 16 years ago on a dial up modem with a party line telephone connection and at best, able to work at 50 bps.

Bolt, it's allright, I have good days and bad days using it. only complaining to the center when I got no signals, which happens from time to time.

DWSA wrote:

Bolt, it's allright, I have good days and bad days using it. only complaining to the center when I got no signals, which happens from time to time.

Upgrade your bolt's firmware.
If you can't do it yourself, their centres will do it for you (Free of charge).
Solved all the problems I was having with lost signal or connection.

thx mas fred, will do that  :top:

Mencari persahabatan Indonesia. Im Italy :)

Just got Bolt now the signal is available in my area. Its quick most of the time which is great so for now I am  slightly more happy.

cajas wrote:

Mencari persahabatan Indonesia. Im Italy :)

Welcome cajas
I see you can type in bahasa, so take it that you understand the language ... If so then you should have known this thread are talking about Internet speed not a networking
If you are looking for friend, I suggest you to post a thread regarding your interest, I'm sure lots of Indonesian girls of EB member would like to be your friend ;)

;) hello thanks for the reply. I also like the 'indonesia. I wish I could have a lot of friends for information and travel with the relevant documentation. Terima kasih!

Bidara Sary, will you be one of those EB girls queueing to be his friend?  ;)

Me? Gkgkgk what question was that Luke I'm a mother of one
And you thought I would be flirting with some stranger  :o
Gosh I can't stop laughing with your idea ha ha ha

Maaf ya. But sailing close to the wind is something I am good at.  :shy

No worries I'm fine with that,it is joke I know
Joking is good way to flavoring a dull life aboard

Bidara sary wrote:

No worries I'm fine with that,it is joke I know
Joking is good way to flavoring a dull life aboard

Too true, my sweet darling, I'd also like to flirt with you.
If you refuse, I'll start on Luke. :D

Almost back on topic.
I got serious sick of Telkomsel internet on my smartphone.
All the spam SMS and redirects of the internet to their spam adverts really bugged me, so I took Like's advice, and tried 3 in the phone.
So far (Bintaro, BSD and area), the signal has been good and speeds reasonable.
I have used skype several times, with clear signals both ways.
I went for an "always on" package. Costs a little more in the first place, but no time limits on call credit or internet quota. It lasts one year, then you renew, but keep the same number.
Not a single spam SMS or redirect to some crap advert so far.

Cheers, Luke, looks like that was a good suggestion.

:) thank you I would like to know many people including girls. thank you.

Hello cajas,

Kindly note that this discussion is on Internet speeds in Indonesia. It would be better to avoid being off-topic so that other members of Expat.com can also benefit from the information proposed here.

If you would like to make new friends, you should try to participate in the various discussions found in the Indonesia social network section. Also, please note that this is not a dating site and the Expat.com forum is only for debates about expatriation and for exchange of information.

Do you know anything about the different Internet providers in Indonesia and which one is better?

Thank you for understanding :)

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

i dont think thats reall, all ISP purchase from either indosat, telkomsel or XL, not sure if the business case is viable to market 100mbps retail service

try biznet, if you are up to pay for quality you can try Lintasarta,