New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourself here

Hi, My name is Jade and I arrived in Bangkok a few hours ago. I do not know anyone here and would love to meet a few people in order to feel at home here. I have never been to Asia before and am on sensory overload, I'd love a little help and guidance.

Please get in touch.
Jade

Yes please, I would love to learn some Thai

Hi
I will be coming over soon but to Chiang Mai but lets keep in touch to exchange and help each other out

Hey Stumpy thanks for that link, it's really handy.

BTW when I was in the raaf I knew a guy we used to call Stumpy.

hi huys,
im frm phil currently working as customer service rep. And im planning to move in thailand to find better carrer. Pls help me.
thank you

Hi Jade,
I'm not in Bangkok, but I'm sure you'll meet people soon. Take your time, slow down and soak up your surroundings. Enjoy Bangkok :)

hi michael
i am a student in princes of songkla university phuket campus. and i really hope i can catch some of you with my friends,lets make each other meeet.

Hi everyone!

My name is Paul and been living in Thailand from 18 years. I already got my Permanent Residenship and probably will just spend the rest of my life here or see where destiny takes me.

I'm finishing my last permanent job on 8 Decemeber. I do not plan to apply for any company but still enjoy working. I'm good at outsourcing, negotiating, networking, and making contacts.

I speak Thai, English, Chinese, and Spanish. If anyone has a freelance job either for business or personal purposes, welcome to letting me know.

My LINE ID is "pablomeng" :)

[Moderated: No free ad]

Sorry mate i'm not interested, thanks.

Hello there!;

I'm Ninkie, 31 years old single mom. I am just new here, locally Thai person looking for new job as an "Administrative/ Secretary/ Logistics and customer service" industry.
Nice to be here and having some friend who are expat living in Thailand or elsewhere.
Welcome all new expat who lives in Thailand.

Maybe its nice if some expat would have known some nice local friends and who know?...maybe we all can support each other. So, lets be friend! :):)

Ninkie

Hi all.

I have booked my flight. I will be in Pattaya for New Year. Very excited and hope some of us can grab a beverage soon

Regards,
Jim

hi everyone, i'm a outgoing filipino citizen who's been living in bangkok for over a decade, i used to live in indonesia for 2 years before i moved here in thailand and i consider myself  a third culture kid, i'm an IT professional by trade and recently went back to uni to study business. i enjoy outdoor activities such as running,swimming and playing basketball. i'm currently looking for new place to live and roomates to share the rent. plan to move by january 2015, preferably a house and situated at lower sukhumvit but i'm open to suggestions ,

(Moderated : please post in the Business partners classifieds in Thailand section)

G'Day all,

I'm going to be holidaying in Phuket/Patong over the Xmas / New Period and it would be great to meet up with some of the expat community....

Russ

Hi, everyone! Am happy to be here! I have been living in BKK for a year. Am running an internet project on beauty and health in Thailand. Love the city and people. Thanks for adding me!

Hi Julien,

Thank you for letting us introduce ourselves :) I will be in Bangkok starting early January 2015 and am looking for a position of Account Manager, so any plan/advice are more than welcome from "locals"

Cheers !

Howdy, new in this forum, old in asia resp. Thailand already.

Hope to got a bigger network of expats from here. Like Computer, Internet, TV, Surfing, Bikes Chilling. :)

Cheers!

Marc

hello i m Saroj Khanal
CEO & Founder at NEPALAYA
BRANCH MANAGER at SEVILLA
Glad to meet you. I want to know about Thailand and The Residency Life in there.

Hey how are u.I'm Sarah from SGD nice to meet u.

Hi all,

Good day

I'm a Filipino, newbie in Expat.com. Currently I'm working in Sriracha Thailand, i join the Expat.com to have more friends, specially to found out if ther are Filipino's living in Sriracha or Pattaya.

Thanks everybody

Jay

Hi there ,

I am new here but not expat. I am studying German at geothe institue thailand.  My German  is not much progress. My teacher said I need more practice. So I am join here if I we can be friend and can share the language.
Write to me and be my German tutor.

Danke,

Pat

็Hi All,

I am a Thai.  Living in Bangkok. I hope to be able to help providing some information about Bangkok and Thailand to those who want information or advices.   :)

Hy christine,

my name is Citra,i'm a newbie here in this blog, i lives in bangkok for 2 years already.. i was working at a travel agency in Bangkok before but i'm off for a moment now cause i'm pregnant now. i join Expat.com to have more friends, to share some info, and selling some stuff.

Thank you and nice to meet you All...

Hi pob. I'm Sarah from SGD I would like to improve my Thai like to get in touch with u.

Hi all thank you for letting me join this expat community, my name is Rachel, I come from London and I am now in Bangkok, I have an open ticket and would love to find friends and work. Before I left I was the scenic artist on "Dr Who" for the BBC
, I have worked in Telivision for 20 years
And I am embarking on writing a book, I would love to meet people who has similar interests? I am here alone so meeting people would be great as this first week I have been inThailand Ihave struggled on Where to go, so I have spent most of my time alone. So if there is anyone around his weekend it would be lovely.
I would love to see more of Bangkok.Rachel

Hi there everyone. My names Gerrad Mcleod.  Im flying back over to thailand in jan to b with my girlfriend and start our recon on north thailand. We are wanting to start a business. Something smalll to start with. Maybe in Chang Mai or Udonthani......
Any advice would be appreciated
cheers.

bmcdonald wrote:

Hi Everyone

My wife and my four kids, (12, 9, 7 and 5), together with our cats and dogs, are looking to move to Koh Samui over the summer of 2015, but dividing my time between London and Thailand for work reasons (I'm a London-based barrister).

I'm trying to learn as much as I can about expat life on the island and in Thailand in general from those who know far more than I do. All help/advice would be gratefully received.

Warmest regards

Brent

Hi Brent,

I have been in Koh Samui and Phuket as a tourist and now I am considering moving to Phuket with my family (I have two daughters, 11 and 9)   in summer. Koh Samui is a nice Island but relatively small and less developed, also air connections are not so good as in Phuket. On the other hand, I would say it is quiter and climate is better. As you have children, in Phuket there are some first class international schools.  I am not a real expert and don't feel like telling you more,  it depends on what you are actually looking for. 

Ciao.

Federico

Hi I'm Sarah from Singapore..using here for work?

Hi I'm Lily (I ever live in Bkk for decades) Now I live in Singapore for 10years....

Halo everyone,

I am visiting Bangkok from Vietnam in Feb 2015. Would like to meet new friends to hang out with. Please drop me a message if you would like to have a drink!

Coryander

Hi all,
My name is Gokay and currently living in İstanbul. My wife is thai and we will be moving to Bangkok in April 2015.
I'm a Mechanical Engineer and I'm looking for a job in Thailand.
Also I love to meet new ppl.
Have a good day all.

Landing at midnight on the 30th. Very excited. Nervous. -12c today.

Hello, I'm an American currently living in Costa Rica. I have been considering coming to Asia for  a while now.   I think Thailand would be  a nice change for me.

Sure, depending on what you want to do there. Work or leisure?

Leisure but from reading the visa forum, it looks a little more complicated than Costa Rica.  In Costa Rica I just have to cross into Panama or Nicaragua for three days come back and I get a new 90.

Hello everybody!
My name is Pastor Atenta, I am filipino 32 years old and married with Thai wife. We have 1 daughter and she is 18 months old.
I worked before in Qatar since 2010-2014 as Chef in a Catering Company then just last October I have decided to move here in Thailand so I can be with my wife and daughter because I never seen my daughter yet since she was born until I arrived.
I am hoping that I can find a job here in Thailand but unfortunately I haven't employ. I am worried because my temporary extension visa will about to expire this coming December 24.
If there's anyone who can read my story and could be able to help me to get a job (any job) or can refer me to a friend to get a job I am very much thankful to you. Kindly contact me on my phone number +66611878862 or you can email me at [email protected].
Thank You Very Much and Merry Christmas to all!

Merry Christmas to you too Pastor.

As a visitor, and married with a Thai woman, you may get a resident visa I believe. Am not really sure but check with your Embassy

Gerard

Hi all
I'm a Thai hairdresser who have lived in England for a long time. I 've just arrived Bangkok not long ago. I'm openning my salon soon and hope it going well. Funny to say,I feel like an expact in my home town and miss my life over there.As I 've left the country for so long I don't have much friend here. So is there any thing I can  help please feel free to contact me.

Good luck for the opening!

I am a software architect, semi-retired. I architected very large solutions such as the Turkish healthcare, Panama's National ID card system. And Ebsco's authorities ( > 500M hits/day) plus several multi-lingual websites.

As I can speak several languages, including tonal, I am not expecting learning Thai to be a problem.

I get a pension from the Canadian Government but pursue a research about symbols and concepts, categorizations, semantics.

I shall be in Thailand six months a year, and will start by going to places I've never visited: Sisaket, Udon Thani, etc.

I am also looking for a woman to share my life but I am not too anxious about this side of the medal! (although there are medals with two reverses :)

Gerard

Closed