New members of the England forum, introduce yourself here

Let us know how it goes. It's always nice hearing people's experience in their newly adopted country.

I have been there as a tourist and I would like to look for a job that will enhance my skills and knowledge. I am doing Screenplay writing and I am looking for producers for my Screenplay. I have also done design invention which was registered under the IPO of UK and I am also looking for companies that will buy my ideas.

If you can help me out, do not hesitate to contact me.

I wish I could still g back there in England and be able to work.

I would to promote the website www..patient.co.uk  :D

Yes, London is an incredibly awesome city.  :D

Hi, my name is Onkarabile from and currently living in South Africa. I just graduated from The Belgium Campus (IT Varsity) in Pretoria North as a IT Technician. I acquired a Diploma in IT but it's not enough. I would like to further my studies in England, work and live there. I love dancing, rapping from time to time and love playing cricket. I have never been abroad and it's been my dream. A job there would be helpful so if anybody knows somebody who could kindly assist me then you can contact me either by messaging me on the Expat.com or you can email me on [email protected] Thank you. ;)

Roczilla01,
Hello and welcome.
If you want to come to the UK to study then you need to apply to the university that has the subject you wish to study.
The internet is probably the best place to start. The university will then be able to assist you with the necessary paperwork and costs needed to study here.
Be warned though, it is a long process.
Good luck

Chuckle Butty

I will do what it takes. Thank you for the advise chuckle_butty. :top:

Hi i am looking for a job on the Railways i am  a Mechanical Fitter.
I would like to relocate back to Africa.

Raycolls wrote:

Hi i am looking for a job on the Railways i am  a Mechanical Fitter.
I would like to relocate back to Africa.

Which country in Africa?

South africa or any other African country

I thought usually people relocate from Africa to England, and not the other way round.

Raycolls wrote:

South africa or any other African country

You don't mind me asking.. but it sounds like you just want to leave England. Any reasons why? I myself is interested in moving to the continent too.

Hello everyone,

Some off topic posts have been removed. I would like to remind you that this thread is specially on the introduction of new members of the England forum. If you have any specific questions, you should please start a new topic on the forum.

Thank you,
Christine

Hi ,
I'm rab I lived in UK since 1990 I'm from Algeria speak same language I woulld love to meet you and tel all about why Morocco cancelled the next african cup  I'm joking ... Any help you more then welcome you can contact email me at [email protected] welcome to UK

Hie.y'all.It feels good to be on expat..I'm Linnet from Zimbabwe.All my life i have been someone who has a lot of interest in learning new languages,as most of you have seen that I am a fluent mandarin speaker.My interest lies in coming to England and imparting the knowledge that i have of mandarin.

Hi everyone,

I am new to this Expat.com,

I am using this as i have a very nice project to open a lebanese restaurant in London and I am using this to try to interact with the lebanese community in London so they can suggest me a few areas of London that would be great to open hopefully in a busy area.

Kinds regards

Emilien Lesourd.

Hola a todos. . Soy un chico de las islas canarias q quiero conocer mundo y nuevas culturas,tengo pensado y estoy planificandome el proyecto de iniciar una vida en brighton mis intenciones es ir con un dinero ahorrado para estar ayi 3 meses y buscar trabajo y mejorar mi ingles q es basico, especialmente viajo por eso por el inglés.. busco alguna persona que me pueda ayudar con información sobre la seguridad social como puedo arreglarla, que me digan q papeles necesito para vivir y trabajar hay ,en q me pueda recomendar algún sitio económico para alojarme en lo q encuentro un trabajo. Si alguien está dispuesto a ofrecerme su ayuda para informarme de todo lo q tengo q hacer para yo planificarme las cosas mejor y no llevarme alguna sorpresa os lo agradecería, tam bien aprovecho para buscar gente para conocer y quedar para tomar algo cuando llegue ..gracias

-pluton24 wrote:

Hola a todos. . Soy un chico de las islas canarias q quiero conocer mundo y nuevas culturas,tengo pensado y estoy planificandome el proyecto de iniciar una vida en brighton mis intenciones es ir con un dinero ahorrado para estar ayi 3 meses y buscar trabajo y mejorar mi ingles q es basico, especialmente viajo por eso por el inglés.. busco alguna persona que me pueda ayudar con información sobre la seguridad social como puedo arreglarla, que me digan q papeles necesito para vivir y trabajar hay ,en q me pueda recomendar algún sitio económico para alojarme en lo q encuentro un trabajo. Si alguien está dispuesto a ofrecerme su ayuda para informarme de todo lo q tengo q hacer para yo planificarme las cosas mejor y no llevarme alguna sorpresa os lo agradecería, tam bien aprovecho para buscar gente para conocer y quedar para tomar algo cuando llegue ..gracias

Hello and welocme to the forum

As this is an Anglophone forum could you please post in ENGLISH only so that others can understand your post and perhaps offer information or advice.
Thank you.

:top: Hello Y'all!!!
My name is Vanessa and I am a nurse in the US hoping to work and live in London or Bristol. I am making a fresh start in life.
I am originally from New Orleans, Louisiana: home of beignets, Mardi Gras, and gumbo. Hope to meet some nice people here.

:D

I've always argued UK is better than the USA!  Welcome to the UK.   :top:

Welcome to country of " les nuages " french for cloud it's could but very strict and organised
I was in Florida last year for New Years family visit I did feel like no one care less or is it my imagination ! Any way welcome to london and if you end up in welwyn garden city hertfordshire county give me shout I can help ...

I mean cold 😰

Hi everyone!
I am a Filipino currently living in Northern Ireland, we are thinking to move next year in Coventry. I am looking for Filipino family or individual who could somehow give us idea how and where to start looking for house to rent, I have 2 school girls aged 8 and 4.
I hope to hear from someone  in this group.

Many thanks
Lou

hello i have some inqury abt eea family permit

Hi, I am from Bulgaria :)
Me and a friend of mine are thinking to immigrate to Bristol. I need your opinion about the city - Can we find jobs and a place to live easy? I am 26 and have experience in bartending and he is 21 and have experience as a bellboy and hotel receptionist. What is the best procedure to find a job fast? Any suggestions or help will be much appreciated. :)

Hi ,
Why Bristol ! I think if you need to get job should be in big cities all my respect to Bristol city
You need to get to London .. Manchester .. England is recovering from deep recession
And you need to get into agencies and if you have qualification or handy man like gardnenig plumbing , building will be your best bet good luck ...

London rents, transport and general cost of living is high! No wonder some people prefer to avoid it!

Paranoid456 wrote:

Hi, I am from Bulgaria :)
Me and a friend of mine are thinking to immigrate to Bristol. I need your opinion about the city - Can we find jobs and a place to live easy? I am 26 and have experience in bartending and he is 21 and have experience as a bellboy and hotel receptionist. What is the best procedure to find a job fast? Any suggestions or help will be much appreciated. :)

Hiya Paranoid456
I have worked in pubs/clubs behind the bar for 30 years and I can tell you that there are very few bar tending vacancies available. This is why: in my village 20 years ago there were 5 pubs, each employing 5 staff........now there is 1 pub staffed only by the landlord and his family. So 25 experienced bar staff are now looking for bar work in Manchester and that is the result of one village. The recession and the banning of smoking in pubs has caused a huge loss of public houses - so the city centers now have a lot of experienced bar staff available for immediate employment as well as the hundreds of university students looking for part-time bar work. This applies to hotels too.
Please ensure that you have employment BEFORE you arrive here, because jobs are scarce.
Sorry to be negative, but this is the how it is.
Chuckle-Butty

It might be different in Bristol, where he/she intends to live. They may be able to find something there. Regardless, there is always jobs available to do in England. But it may not be the type you're looking for and/or in the location you prefer. But there is!

hello guys. I want to study  in UK.

My name is Kevin Perkins. I am a professional comedian and speaking coach from South Africa. I have moved to England to seek a better life for my family. I have two sons aged 12 and 15. We gave up a lot to be here and are effectively starting our lives from scratch. I'm up for the challenge though and cannot wait to get settled and established. If you want to know what I did in my former life you can have a look at my website:
Kevin Perkins South African Website (kevinperkins.co.za)

I lived in England for a brief period once before in 1995 and 1996. I enjoy the people and the lifestyle here, and whilst I anticipate that I will miss South Africa terribly in the coming months, I am prepared to do whatever it takes to ensure my sons and my wife have the best life possible. They deserve the VERY BEST.

Is there any news about the UK Regulations I heard maybe there would be something changes

Yeah, for those with resident cards in a European country. I believe they can now visit without a visa. Previously they required a visa. That's what I read this morning. I'm not entirely sure. Either way, I don't see how it's related to those outside the EU, and residing outside the EU, without any residency in any European country.

You can always check the Official site for immigration, as they tend to have the latest changes uploaded on the site;

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat … mmigration

Hi Julien,

My name is Audrey I'm French but I have been an expat for about 4 years now. Traveling through England and moving to Australia for a year, now I am back in the UK and currently living in Cambridge. I've been here for almost a year now but feel it still difficult to meet new people as I have got a job with irregular working hours. I am not enjoying my life here as much as I 'd like, my job being the only thing I have here. I don't like this feeling so I've decided to join to get to meet new people in Cambridge! Hope this will work out! :)

I think the case was of a woman from out side the Eu but not sure if she has this card and I don't have all the details from what I read nothing mentioned the card but I think in another way she has it as they live in Spain so I don't know
and thanks for your reply and I will check the link :)

I think she's Columbian with a Spanish Resident Card.

Here, I've typed what it said on the newspaper:

Metro wrote:

The foreign families of EU citizens will be able to enter Britain without a visa, following a ruling yesterday.

Non-EU family members should be free to cross our borders if they have a residence card issued by any European member state, judges said.

The ruling comes after Briton Sean McCarthy, who lives in Spain, protested over the treatment of his Columbian wife Patricia. She has to travel from home in Marbella to Madrid to apply for a visa when she wants to visit Britain with her husband and their children, both British citizens.

At the start I did assume it would mean ANY non-EU family member, but that's not the case.

I guess you can look into European countries that have a less stricter immigration system, move there, obtain a resident card, then use it to move to England without a visa? I don't know, but countries like Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary and so on?

Thanks that's clear enough I thought same like you but now I know

Closed