Question on Banking and Playero

Oh yeah, further to last, going back to the postal services again. Although Bob said there is virtually no service at all, when I spoke to Gypsies friend, Polo the lawyer he seemed to think there is actually a delivery service and they will deliver to your address.
Being a local I should think he knows what he's talking about, so perhaps may be worth looking into that further.
Polo also said it is possible to rent a PO Box there.

Anyway, looks like I have no choice and will have to deal with them. My bank originally said they will send a new credit card by Courier, but now they tell me they sent it normal mail so a little worried about it "disappearing" in the DR postal system -or lack thereof :-(
Stupid bank - if they had told me they will send it normal mail, I could have used EPS via Miami which would have been safer.
Perhaps might be a good idea to talk with EPS anyway if they can help, by maybe contacting local post office (not sure if they speak English there)

Don't count on the mail service.  We have been here full time for almost 9 years and still are missing mail sent years ago.
Sometimes it comes sometimes it does not.  I would have the CC mailed by UPS or DHL they Always deliver. I  hope you cards come.

Good to know that the bank now requires a second Id and that they now have euro accounts. Thanks for the info

Bob K

OK Bob, you may well be right about post- although I hope not...guess I will find out soon :-)

of course would have been better by courier as you said and the bank actually said they would but seems someone screwed up and they sent it normal. ...sure hope it gets here. Dont think being a cash-less Gringo here would be a very pleasant experience!

No, cashless would not be a good thing.

This past year Trip Advisor sent me a small gift.  They use the "regular" only.  Well after three attempts of sending it and me not receiving it we used or shippers address in Florida and they forwarded it on to me.  I finally got it that way.  So again I do hope your cards come

Bob K