New members of the Switzerland forum, introduce yourself here

Hi there...

I've been in Switzerland 24 years but spend a lot of time in the South of France. In my early 70s I'm also a happy newly wed. We are both writers. I just retired from writing a micro finance newsletter, but I still write and publish mysteries.

Hello everybody,
I'm Serena, 38 years old, moving to Switzerland probably within January 2015. I would rather prefer not to move without a job offer, but I'm afraid I'll have to. I love the Geneva lake area: I had the chance to visit it due to my present job and I a few friends living in Lausanne.
I'm looking for a job in an NGO or in a multinational company, as my French is still basic...but will improve! 😊
I speak English, Spanish and Italian, of course and hope to find lots of new friends practicing outdoor sports there in Lausanne, "international capital" of sport. I love cycling, swimming (and whatever is related to water, like wind-surfing, canoeing and sailing), skiing. I also love cooking and enjoy relaxed conversation in front of a glass of wine. I would enjoy meeting new people from all nationalities, as this area is a hub of international activity. Finally, I love animals and feel awfully sad to leave my beloved cat here in Italy (with my ex partner). So, please, pet lovers/owners, let me share with you the pleasure of a nice walk along the lake with your dog, furret or...whatever.

I wish you lots of luck in your job search. Maybe there'll be a new pet in your future.

Hi everyone! I´m María, 32 years old and I´ve already been for a month in Zug. If you are up to going for a drink or any other activity let me know.

Thanks, hope so.  :)

Hey am Joy just moved to Geneva from Africa I speak both English and Swahili and would really love to get a job here in Geneva as an English teacher and also meet new people  ;)

looking forward to making friends

i am ahmad quadri from india and i want job in the housekeeping as a room attandent in switzerland

Hi, i am trying to move to Switzerland and i need you to help me out of what to do or any helping information pls

Hi everyone im jeremiah. I want to know the details on how could i work there in Switzerland... im planning to work on farms...

Hey am a new here and I hope you are enjoying swiss

Hallo, i m Daliborka, moved in Prattelln/BASEL  before 15 days, i m working like Au Pair and i m looking for friends,i have free weekend and want whit someone go out, shop....
Hear you soon :)

Hi, hoping all is well. Liya here. I lived in Geneva for the last 6mos and will be going back to Suisse next month for good. Hoping to make friends and acquaintances here as I start a new venture in switzerland. Thanks!

Hi, everyone. I come from China. Two months have passed since I moved to Geneva. Now I am a graduate student here. I really want to make friends with you. Hope everyone has a happy time in Switzerland.  :)

Hello everyone!

I am living in Lausanne and studying in HEMU - Haute Ecole de Musique.
I stay here at least 3 years! Happy to be here, nice city and the second best country in the world after Estonia;)

Hi everyone!  My name is Gina and I have been living in Baden for just over a year now.  Loving it!  I am a librarian by trade and I am currently learning German.  I'd love to meet up with new people in the area.

hi am nathan,  am coming to geneva thx soon...hop to feet you guys

Hi all!

I am Aurélie, I am 24 and half french, half lebanese. I arrived in Lausanne almost a month ago for a 5 months internship in the EPFL. I'm looking froward to meeting people from all around the world here, to go grab a beer, discuss, and maybe if the weather gets better, go out on a parc =)

If I had to quickly present, I think I'm almost interested in everything, I love languages (I tried a lot of them, and failed a lot too but at least I tried haha - so right now I can only speak french, lebanese and english correctly ^^), I love going to the movies, I'm a series-addict, and crazy brain scientist :)

If you want to go out sometime, don't hesitate to contact me :)

Cheers!

(moderated: please post in english here)

15 Feb 2015, SUN, 11h22
Hi Guys,

I saw this blog when I was surfing the net this morning. So I joined. I'm a French teacher here in MCHS (Miriam College High School), Loyola Heights, Quezon City, Philippines. My Bachelor's Degree is in Psychology and my second degree is in Nursing, although I always go back to teaching french as my main profession. I'm aiming at moving to Switzerland, although no idea how that could happen... I'm a cool dude. Independent minded. I'm into Self-development. My faves are: Eckhart Tolle, ACIM, Oprah, Neale Donald Walsh, Tony Robbins, Sean Stephenson, etc.

Sincerely Yours,

Alden

Hello, I'm Swiss, currently living in the US, but considering to move back to Switzerland with my husband and 2 kids (6 & 8). I was hoping to get inputs from US Expats with children on how they and also their kids transitioned and of their pro's and con's about living in Switzerland compared to the US to help us with our decision.

Hi everyone!

I am Francesca, a 35 years old italian, moved to Geneva at the beginning of 2015 to join my hubby.

I am looking for a new job here - I gained 9 years experience in the insurance industry & am a blogger for passion - and in the meanwhile I am  enjoying the city.

I'd like to share my spare time with a girl friend to enjoy Geneva with: having a walk, parks, photo urban-safari, museums, shopping or just chatting holding a tea mug in a nice spot.

Hope to get in touch soon!

Cheers,

Francesca

Hi,

I'm Sarah and a first time expat who moved from Somerset in the UK to Zug in Switzerland last July.  I have two children (age 7 and 5) and they are at International School which is proving to be an interesting experience.  Switzerland is a fascinating country but I have come to realise that being an expat can be a lonely life so I have joined up to this site to meet like minded people that are going through similar things to me. 

I have also started to blog about our experiences (LifeofRyrie.com) in the hope that it reminds people back home we are still alive and also so that it might help other people doing a similarly crazy adventure.

Sarah

bonjour

je vais aller a la suisse pour vivre , je suis maintenant au galice espagne .

hi nyc to meet you

abdoben wrote:

bonjour

je vais aller a la suisse pour vivre , je suis maintenant au galice espagne .

Best to post in English as this is an Anglophone forum.
Thank you.

i am a teacher in Cameroon by profession particularly with the primary sector.I love being with kids and to take care of them and making funny gestures before the kids even the ones that already feel abandoned to bring them some hope.With this,i intern to go and work in as a Nanny because i have always been with kids.thanks hope to hear from you.

helo im agnes living in gstaad looking for a new job pls if u can help me to find it as a housekeeping im 39 yrs old with permit B.hoping u help me or suggest some employers thnx u so much,i can speak english ,spanish and my mother tongue tagalo bec my origin is philippines but im spanish citizen.living in switzerland almost 6 years.best regards agnes

Hello all

Warm greetings to all new members on behalf of Expat.com Team  :par:

This thread is only for presentation of new members, Your name, where you live and explain your expatriation project.

If you are seeking for work or have any adverts please refer to our sections : JOBS and CLASSIFIEDS found on the overhead green banner.

You may also create a new thread for sharing infos or seek friends/ meet up

Leave this thread only for presentation please.

Thank you

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hello! My name is Nazareth from Costa Rica. I am in Geneva for a fellowship program in United Nations for a period of six months.
Hope to find people from Latin America to speak in spanish!!
Best regards

Hi dear members of the forum,i am visi ita Binyuy in Cameroon looking for a Nanny job .pls if you can help me with one in SWitzerland it will be my pleasure.I have been with kids around in Cameroon for a year.

Dear members

I am currently an educator in Cape Town, South Africa. I am interested to teach in Switzerland and gain experience in their effective education system.  Is our South African B.Ed- degree accepted in Switzerland? Any advice regarding application, agencies etc. would be highly appreciated. 

Kind regards  :D

Hello Kobus13 and welcome on board

Droping an advert in the Jobs offers in Switzerland section might help as well as browsing through the forum to gather some infos :top:

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

hola yo hablo español

Hola abdoben

This forum is only for english speaking members, and everybody participating here is requested to write only in English.

You may however browse and participate on our Spanish forum : Foro Suiza to be able to hablo español. ;)

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi all,
Im looking urgently for a apartment in or around Luzern for my Family. My daughter is 15 months old and looking for a children friendly environment. Any tips would be great

sofiafyllis wrote:

Hi all,
Im looking urgently for a apartment in or around Luzern for my Family. My daughter is 15 months old and looking for a children friendly environment. Any tips would be great

You can place a free ad in the housing section of the forum which is located in the green banner at the top of this page. You can also read through the rentals being offered there too.

hi everyone,
thanks for the welcome, i am kenyan n i would like to apply for a maters full scholarhip, can someone have proposals or any info that will be usefull? please free to share with me  :)

My names are Lorna Ndirangu,am a Kenyan in birth.

Am willing to travel to Switzerland for baby sitting.

Hello Lorna Ndirangu,

No need to post several times on the thread.

For job seeking, please drop your ad in the Jobs section, Babysitting in Switzerland.

This thread should be reserved for presentation of new members only.

Thank you,
Marjorie

Closed