Hello - question regarding dual citizen

Hi All,

Firstly I wanted come on the blog and introduce myself per say. I am looking at relocating to France - nice or south of France in September this year. I am passionate about learning the language and it's been a long time dream of mine to live in France! My mum is French and for those of you familiar with south, she is from Salon de Provence.

I believe I have dual citizenship and can easily come to France as she is still a citizen. However I wanted to know if there are any special conditions or things I should be aware of regarding this? Am I required to complete any paperwork? I am a bit lost for a starting point.

Thanks for all sharing your advice.

Bisous :) Emma

The easiest way is to go to the French ambassy if possible. Or visit their website.

Hello,

You can find here a link that may help you.

vosdroits.service-public.fr/particuliers/N111.xhtml

For my undertanding you need to ask for the nationality (so you need to have the papers showing your Mom is French, then you have a link with this person. And of course filled all the papers to get the nationality, this would take some time.

Cheers,

Giovanni

Dear Emma
As your mother is French, you are French reguarding the law of Australia, it is allowed you are French and Australian
Cheers
Adrien DI NICOLA