Now I have A2, where can I buy a big bike.

Greetings I am looking to buy a new bike, not intetested in Harley or Ducati. Is there any places in HCMC that sells new big bikes? I am looking for something I can attach a sidecar to. I have a handicapped son that will be living with me next June. I only want something that I can register in my own name. I have 5 year visa excemption.

ancientpathos wrote:

I am looking for something I can attach a sidecar to.

Whilst you can register a machine in your name, I suspect your plan will collapse when it comes to a side car that is attached to the motorcycle.

You can tow trailers but again I am not sure if you can carry passengers in a trailer.

Try consulting the Transportation Department in Da Nang - of they will authorise licencing, you will be OK. I know someone who extensively modified a standard vehicle, but didn't change it's critical basic properties (VN does have vehicle specifications that have to be adhered to).

Rhere has been increased pressure even on three wheel motorcycles.

How about modifying one of those haulage motorcycles. They have big engines, even reverse.

In Da Nang there are a few minske and urals with sidecar. I would prefer to buy a new big bike and either order a sidecar for it or Ride to Bangkok and have one installed. I have seen a lot of them in Thailand. Back to the issue, are there places to buy big bikes besides Harley and Ducati. Thinking 400cc would be nice.

Hi There,

I'm in similar situation so mail me we can share search info.
I got my A2 few months ago, still looking though.
Ducati & Harley have official dealerships in VN they are a safe bet.
KTM also do and offer some fun bikes options as well, slightly cheaper, I'm considering that now (Duke 690).
A Suzuki dealer nearby the airport is able to sell bigger bikes as well.
I'm still looking for a Honda dealer that sells 400CC & above!
CB500F is nice for in the city!
Many second hands available but most of them without or with wrong paperwork, be carefull!

Hello,

I have seen some new, big bikes in a showroom on Ba Thang Hai near to the Maximark Mall on the same side of the road.

CHECK with CGST or VEHICLE REGISTRATION OFFICE to see if they are legal. Mention your child's disability.

Even if you can buy one (and don't believe the sales man) they still might not permit registration. Vung Tau registration rules are more lax than HCM which has it's own rules regarding  three-wheel vehicles.

There are many showroom on district 5 and district 1: Tran hung dao. hung vuong. Nguyen cu trinh ...

There is currently a nice looking 400cc Honda Steed for sale in Motorock Nha Trang. You need an A3 to drive with side car I beleive

There is a "exotic" bike shop on Nguyen Cu Trinh in D1 about 1.5 blocks from the new Pullman Center. I have seen Goldwings, Can Am 3 wheeler, and other large bore bikes there. I am sure they were not new but they sure weren't old.

In Hcmc honda dealer at tran hung dao has cbr300 for sale for 10k usd
Brand new grey import from Thailand
Not really sidecar material but price reference
Ktm dealer at Pham hung has 390 duke brand new 8,8 k usd
Nice open frame for attaching side car and good price level
Honda cb 400 f would be nice but no Honda dealer to be found
If can be found new I suspect price above 10 k usd
Saigon moto on nguyen Thi minh Kai can import anything but at a price
Currently he has a bmw r1200gs for over 40 k usd
He also has Honda nc700 for 17k and cb900 for 19k
Anything over 400 cc price goes up very fast

Hi. My familly are having 3bikes in the house so we would like to sell a bike now.
That's a DYLAND honda bike-a big bike,we used it for 2 years only,
Color : red
Brand : HONDA
Model code : Dylan
Capacity : 152
We want to sell it with the cost is 2000 USD
If you want to hire it,cost is 1million per month
If you're interest,please contact to me 0978204986
Thanks

Owee wrote:

There is currently a nice looking 400cc Honda Steed for sale in Motorock Nha Trang. You need an A3 to drive with side car I beleive

Hi  Pathos,  yeah that shop MotoRock in Nha trang has bigger bikes.  There's a guy here with a side car on his bike.  He runs Fenandos Restaurant here. It's a couple of doors up from the Booze Cruise Bar.  He mite have a few clues on what to do.

I've got a nice xv1600 Roadstar back in Australia that would handle a side car.  Problem is getting it here.  Excess baggage fees are a bitch.

Where is the bike? In HCM or Hanoi? I'm looking for a bike in Hanoi.

pham thi quy wrote:

Hi. My familly are having 3bikes in the house so we would like to sell a bike now.
That's a DYLAND honda bike-a big bike,we used it for 2 years only,
Color : red
Brand : HONDA
Model code : Dylan
Capacity : 152
We want to sell it with the cost is 2000 USD
If you want to hire it,cost is 1million per month
If you're interest,please contact to me 0978204986
Thanks

We're in HCM City. Sorry

@ pham thi quy > Please note that free ads are not authorised on the forum, as such i invite you to post your bikes offers in the Bikes in Vietnam section please.

----------

@ All > Please note that the OP here is not expecting a member to sell his bike to him but he is looking for a place where he can buy a new bike.

ancientpathos wrote:

Is there any places in HCMC that sells new big bikes?

Thanks

Priscilla

I just bought a 400cc Honda from Hau at Hein Moto, 142 Nguyen Huu Canh, Q. Ben Thanh, HCMC.

$3500 US and he's repainting to my specs, re-chroming, and repairing EVERYTHING that needs it... it'll be almost new when finished.

Hau came highly recommended by a number of expats and trusted locals.

He has "big" off-road (incl KTM), BMW R1200, various others.

Changing topics slightly, I was just told that as of 01 Jan 2015, the licenses of over 70 countries' drivers licenses. No more need for an A1 or A2. Does anyone have confirmation or further information?

Some answers were good, some ... A2 and Big Bike means above 175cc. New means new, never owned before. Although if you are happy with a used bike, then that is ok. I want a new bike. I want it register it in my name. Grey market bikes might be ok, depending on ability to be the legal owner. If anyone knows of a dealership other than Harley Davidson let me know. Thanks...

It's my understanding that foreigners cannot register a new bike in a their own name. Therefore I buy pre-owned.

-JohnD- wrote:

It's my understanding that foreigners cannot register a new bike in a their own name. Therefore I buy pre-owned.

NN plates denote foreign owned. Now I have been told, after new paint job on my rebelusa that if you change the color and the police stop you. They can fine you unless you update the registration. So far that has not happened to me. Now I appreciate the infor on where you bought a non new bike, my post was about where to buy a new big bike.

-JohnD- wrote:

The OLD rules even permitted you to register vehicles in your own name if you had visa/permitting you a stay exceeding 12 months at the time you wanted to register a vehicle.

The new rules are likely more lax - since many vehicle licencing/ownership things have changed recently.

-JohnD- wrote:

Changing topics slightly, I was just told that as of 01 Jan 2015, the licenses of over 70 countries' drivers licenses. No more need for an A1 or A2. Does anyone have confirmation or further information?

Vietnam always complicates somethat sounds reasonable. A license from home is acceptable with the current endorsements as long as you have a International License/Permit issued from home also. In the USA I got a International that was good for 1 year only when I traveled Europe. Getting an A2 here was easy because my license from AZ had a motorcycle endorsement. When I got it translated I made sure they wrote no limits on the endorsement.

Suzuki in HCMC  has the hyubisa 1300cc is that big enough for you.

davidleonfeild wrote:

Suzuki in HCMC  has the hyubisa 1300cc is that big enough for you.

Smaller than what I am use to back home, but more than I need here. Which Suzuki dealership is it at? Seen a couple of places with a big bike in the window but not for sale. Advertizing I guess.

RonP wrote:

In Hcmc honda dealer at tran hung dao has cbr300 for sale for 10k usd
Brand new grey import from Thailand
Not really sidecar material but price reference
Ktm dealer at Pham hung has 390 duke brand new 8,8 k usd
Nice open frame for attaching side car and good price level
Honda cb 400 f would be nice but no Honda dealer to be found
If can be found new I suspect price above 10 k usd
Saigon moto on nguyen Thi minh Kai can import anything but at a price
Currently he has a bmw r1200gs for over 40 k usd
He also has Honda nc700 for 17k and cb900 for 19k
Anything over 400 cc price goes up very fast

I've lived in Thailand for many years and know the market there. With ASEAN 2015 approaching, maybe you guys could look into importing a big bike to Cambodia? I read a very detailed review of such an import and the fees were way lower and the hassle much less than in Thailand. ** www.gt-rider.com The CBR 250 was sold for about $ 4,000 with ABS. The KLR 250 was $ 5,000. Q: how come the CBR 300 would cost thousands more over here? ** I'd like a new bike,too. My Africa Twin 750 was stolen in Bangkok. And I had to dump a Kawasaki 1000 as the repairs were too extensive. A Honda Steed 600 for ~  $ 5,000 would be nice, if it's in good shape. Had the NTV 650 ("Bros" in Thailand) and the engine was bullet proof.

Can you afford to go to Chiang Mai for a week or longer? Go rent the bikes you are interested in. Kawa 650 parallel twin? An enduro - Honda ?? 250. (CR were their strokers, XR, I had a 650 thumper and liked that). Kawasaki KLR? A nice capable bike costing $ 5,000 to buy and about $ 33 a day to rent. Go to Mai Hong Son, it's a great road to test bikes on.

Ergonomics matter. The engine characteristic is important, too. You gotta test a bike before you spend the big bucks!!!!

The Ducati Monster? Soreness of the buttocks after a few hundred miles. Glorious engine, when warm. Loved the ergonomics of my BMW R 100 R and recommend the Roadster series for more modern bikes. R 850 R is a sweet smaller bike, the R 1100 R can be bought for < $ 5,000 in Europe.  :cool:  Some nice looking big bikes only cost $ 2,000. But the OP wants new and that's understandable.

New in Thailand - with Visa runs for your bike to Cambodia? Just wondering. Can one ride a big bike on Thai or Cambodian plates for like half a year, then do a border run?

I dont think you can registar in youre own name in vietnam

Sexiebeast wrote:

I dont think you can registar in youre own name in vietnam

You answer a 4 years old post.

Yeah,  it's an old post but I want to correct a perception.

As a foreigner you can own a motorcycle in your own name,  but it's an NN plate (foreigner)  and the registration is for only as long as your visa or Residency Card. Every time you renew your visa you'll have to renew your bike registration.