Is it cheaper to buy a new WiMax set rather than monthly cards at 40LD

Please, what can you advise?

My WiMax contract expired this July, so I recharge the account by buying a set of four cards at 10 LYD each. And this payment (40 LYD) is valid for one month starting the date of recharging, e.g. if I run out of the traffic before the end of the month, I will have to use extra quota which is twice more expensive.

I don't remember any extra quota thing when on a year-prepaid contract.

Is it cheaper to buy a new contract with a second WiMax device or are they just pulling my leg with this extra quota?

It is cheaper to buy a new wi-max unit and swap them over each month

There has always been the 10LYD per 500mb surcharge.

Somthing has changed though so to check this link out Wimax Prices as it now looks like they have dropped the prices dramatically. It used to be 400 one time charge (for 10 months) plus 120 for USB or 220 for CPE.

Only thing is, as far as I know If you buy a new contract you will end up paying for a second router which you dont want. It's not bundled for free and I didnt think you could buy just the contract. This was the case up to a couple of months ago when I checked.

I'm off to Sigma later to find out why my service has stopped working so I'll try to find out more then...

Kev

I didnt understand one thing.

I paid 120 LYD and bought the USB Wimax Modem. Then i bought 4 pieces of 10 LYD paycards and charged 40 LYD for 10 GB for August.

Lets say for my account it displays (for now):

Amount: 1 GB 476 MB 996 KB and Valid date: 05-09-2010 00:00:00

So doesnt it mean that i need to recharge another 40 LYD for another 10 GB for September that will be valid till 05-10-2010...

Isnt it so?

When i dsplay my account details it says:

Account creation date     04-08-2010 09:27:49
Account expiration date     31-12-2099 23:59:59

So i should charge 40 LYD every 5th for additional 10 gigs for the ongoing month till 31-12-2099 23:59:59

When you take a new Wimax connection, you pay for the hardware plus the internet usage for one year in advance @ LD 40/month for a 10GB/month quota.

If you use up the quota in 15 days, you will get disconnected till your new contract month starts.

Once the annual contract finishes you will need to keep recharging your account.

You can recharge for a longer duration instead of one month to avoid the hassle. The system will automatically deduct 40 LD every month.

I have a Wimax account with ADSL as backup in case we use up the 10 GB quota. ADSL is cheaper at 20 LD for 7GB but it is slower than Wimax.

You can probably setup two Wimax accounts so that the month start date for one of them falls on the 15th day of the first account, that way you will have additional coverage in case you run out of quota on any of the accounts.

You will have to foot the cost of an extra Wimax modem, but it can be cheaper in the long run if you are regularly maxing out the monthly quota and paying for the additional 500 MB blocks. You have to do the maths on this to figure out the breakeven point.

Well, yes, here is the misunderstanding.

You dont have to buy yearly subscriptions. You can just pay 120 for the USB modem and then 40 LYD for the month. You dont have to pay 520 LYD or 620 LYD.. Just 160 for the first month and 40 LYD each month..

No need for annual. Well if you want, i think you can pay it yearly in one day. But i prefer to pay it 40 LYD each month.

What i couldnt understand was: why to purchase a yearly contract every time it expires. Just 40 LYD for the next month, that makes it...

edit: And yes, "There has always been the 10LYD per 500mb surcharge."

Siddiqui wrote:

When you take a new Wimax connection, you pay for the hardware plus the internet usage for one year in advance @ LD 40/month for a 10GB/month quota.

If you use up the quota in 15 days, you will get disconnected till your new contract month starts.

Once the annual contract finishes you will need to keep recharging your account.

You can recharge for a longer duration instead of one month to avoid the hassle. The system will automatically deduct 40 LD every month.

I have a Wimax account with ADSL as backup in case we use up the 10 GB quota. ADSL is cheaper at 20 LD for 7GB but it is slower than Wimax.

You can probably setup two Wimax accounts so that the month start date for one of them falls on the 15th day of the first account, that way you will have additional coverage in case you run out of quota on any of the accounts.

You will have to foot the cost of an extra Wimax modem, but it can be cheaper in the long run if you are regularly maxing out the monthly quota and paying for the additional 500 MB blocks. You have to do the maths on this to figure out the breakeven point.

how if my wimax account already expired and my status is disabled? i bought it 2009. what will i do to reactivate it again?thanks

hi! i noticed that your account creation and expiration is 9 years is that right? coz in my case i bought my wimax acct 2010 and its expired now and someone told me that it is just a 5years. its Account creation date- 07-06-2010 15:28:53 Account expiration date-    05-11-2014 23:59:59 do you know what can i do with this because i was using the bekayfic 5lyd load (not monthly) and suddenly it stop and my status is now disabled.do you heard something like this before?maybe you can help me thank you!