Moving to Johannesburg is it safe please advise

Hi,

I am an IT Professional from India and have been offered a job in Johannesburg Sandton area could you please let me know will it be safe to move over to Johannesburg? Also I would be earning around 24000 Rand per month can one survive in this salary? I would like to stay in Sandton area itself so that I will be near to my office could anyone advise what approx is the rent in this area? Also I will be moving with my wife and daughter aged 2 years will it be safe for them to stay at home alone while I am at work?

Many Thanks in advance

Regards,
Rishi

Please provide company details and email id and other details. will check and revert you if this offer is genuine. and will check what benefits company provide.

Regards
Trilochansinh

Hi Tiru,

Will someone able to survive with 24k a month with family?

Hi Rishi and Mani, check out this post I shared on a similar forum here: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … =2#2316356

There are two pages already to that forum, with a stack of responses from me with info you might find useful.

The short answer from my above post is that no, R24 000 will not necessarily be enough for a family by Johannesburg's standards. Then again, there are ways to shave down that figure, but your biggest headaches will be transport and accommodation.

Hope that helps, and sorry if it's bad news.