Obtaining Residence Permit Card in Budapest

Hello,

I am moving to Budapest in January '15 on an Entry VISA (Residence Permit for Employment - valid for 30 days) and I need to obtain the Residence Permit card from Immigration Office as soon as possible. I have valid Accommodation certificate and other necessary documents but I request fellow expats to tell me how long does it actually take to receive the card after submission of documents?

And if I am not wrong, I cannot roam around Europe (Schengen states) on just an Entry VISA for Hungary, please confirm.

One last thing, if my accommodation is in District 7, then do I need to visit the Regional Directorate at Karoly Utca or Head-office at Budafoki street?

Thanks,
Nick

Hello I know
When I sorted the paperwork in the office it was about 2 weeks for both my cards to come through
Peter

Have to go to the head office.
I really don't know how long it will take for you.
In my case they really ran us around for nearly 6 months.
My husband and son are both UH citizens too.
I am from the US.
We own property in HU, have funds coming in monthly from the US and have no interest in working in HU.
They still lost, misplaced and ran us around for so long that I was told I would be deported unless I paid for another extention.
Good luck, hope you get someone in Immigration that knows what they are doing.
I did get my 5 year resident permit a day or so after I paid for another 90 days stay, very strange...
Some people hire lawyers, my HU speaking husband handled the paperwork for me. Big mistake since no one got a kick back,they made us suffer since they got nothing extra out of us.
My husband I admit got an attitude about the 12th time we went into the offices, even I stopped smiling by that time.

If you have a definitive checklist of documents you need, make sure you have every single one, and usually valid in the last 30 days - 6 months when you submit them (specific documents have different expiration dates).  You will wait for a very very long time at the Budafoki ut immigration office, so bring something to do (and plenty of battery life on your devices).  Less waiting if you get there 30 minutes before opening to pick an early number, but that could still have you waiting for 40 minutes or more once inside.  There isn't always a receptionist or anyone to acknowledge your existence when you get it, so just wait at the ticket window until someone shows up (left side or right side, i don't think there's a difference).  If you are lucky, they will check everything and mail you a card in a week or so.  What often happens is that you don't have the CORRECT document, or it's not signed by the RIGHT people, and you have to come back and do it again in a few days.

I don't know about traveling in the EU until then. I'm American, so I'm allowed everywhere for a limited amount of time.