Ethio - Sudan by public bus?

Hi everyone

does anyone know how to travel by land using public busses (disregarding their levels) from to Khartoum?

Will the visa be given if I provide a Hotel booking but no air ticket? Anyone experienced in that? The secretary or whatever in Sudan's embassy in Berlin was not sure about that. The ambassador as well as any informed employee wasn't available despite I called many times.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, there is a bus service but not sure if regular or not. In Addis I met a Sudanese travel agent who run this service. You will come into northern Ethiopia (fabulous place like other parts of Ethiopia) where you will have one hell of a good time.

Visa: you will not have a problem with Ethiopian visa and to my knowledge you don't need to show hotel booking. Ethiopians are by nature and culture is tourist-friendly. Just make sure you ask for 3 months as visa time counts from the date your passport is stamped.

hnajee wrote:

Yes, there is a bus service but not sure if regular or not. In Addis I met a Sudanese travel agent who run this service. You will come into northern Ethiopia (fabulous place like other parts of Ethiopia) where you will have one hell of a good time.

Visa: you will not have a problem with Ethiopian visa and to my knowledge you don't need to show hotel booking. Ethiopians are by nature and culture is tourist-friendly. Just make sure you ask for 3 months as visa time counts from the date your passport is stamped.

Thank you a lot. Maybe it can help me. Actually the Sudan embassy states tourists who wants to leave IKhartoum need a travelers license. I did not get anyone who could help me on phone. I will go personally there any time.

Sudanese are difficult. Why don't you just go to Ethiopia and go north all the way to the Sudanese border by bus. I for one don't see why you need to go to Sudan if it is difficult and you need a travel license. In Ethiopia you will see everything and have a good time. Diversity in cultures and climate. They have 13 months of sunshine.

You are right. I knew about the traveler's licence when you plan to leave Khartoum but totally I forgot.

It is difficult. In Ethiopia my Ethiopian fiancé and i have seen so many places as well as in the South. Anyhow after 7 times Ethiopia I am little bored by Ethiopia now, I will come back in November 2015, not earlier. In April we will meet each other in Thailand. Thailand is one of the less countries where it is easy for Ethio citizen to receive a 15-days-visa on arrival if some conditions are fulfilled, It was out spontaneous decision - flights, trains, transfers and hotels in Thailand are booked already, so I will not go to Sudan But thank you a lot for your advice.

Have a good time in Thailand; beautiful country and always smiling faces. Swadika (hello) in Thai. You won't be bored there.  Best

Thank you again, we will have. 10 days remainded until our take off. :-)