Medicals

Can anyone help me & explain the medical process please?

I have read that I will need to go private, but that is as much as I know.

What does the medical entail? Do they look at your past medical records? What are they looking for? Is there anything that could stop you getting a visa?

TIA

most probably they will take your blood,urine ,xray ( chest ) ,eye test etc...just to check whether you are fit, thats it..nothing serious...you will be having one medical over here too...same test...no need to worry about it :)

Depends on your job. I'm a teacher I had the mandatory eye, chest X-ray, vital signs... No bodily functions tests or blood.

Thank you, I'm not concerned just wondered what it was all about, and what would be done etc.
Do they also look at your previous medical records? Xx

nope

:blink:

Click me << Pre-employment Examination General Rules for Expatriates
--

http://s1.postimg.org/fh9cr3xsv/image.jpg

Loopyloo wrote:

Thank you, I'm not concerned just wondered what it was all about, and what would be done etc.
Do they also look at your previous medical records? Xx

Thanks khush, that was really helpful.

Where abouts in the UK did everyone get their medicals done?

Also...
I have read that once in Bahrain it will just be my husband who needs a medical for the work visa, but is that the same for the UK medical too, or will we all need one? (Including the children)

I know when I got my medical done there were two women I worked with that were getting theirs as well .

My husbands company have told him today that he will not need a medical in the uk, only a medical once he gets to Bahrain. They have said this is because he will be on a temporary visa until they proceed his residency and then he will require the medical. Does this sound like standard practice?

i think it is standard practice you have nothing to worry about

It sounds about right.  They want to be sure everything is okay before making it all official.  The medical was quick and relatively painless - though a bit awkward at times.  There were no references to any of my previous health issues.  I had a chest x-ray, a vision test (if it could be called that), blood pressure, and a 30 second consult with a doctor and I was done.  Except for the waits between stations I would have been done in about 30 minutes.

I got my medicals done in Harley Medical. Highly recommend them.

Thanks everyone, really appreciate all the advice, I'm sure I will be needing a lot more over the next couple of months😊

Hi guys. I'm jus a little concerned, my mate smoked a little weed a while back and was wandering if that'll come up in his medical or do they not check for that? Will the medical involve a blood test?