Moving to Bangkok

Hi:
I am planning to move to Bangkok from Singapore. I am planning to get my current Filipino helper accompany us to Bangkok as we relocate. Does any one have experience on how they managed relocating to Bangkok with all the formalities around getting your helper to work in Bangkok? Any good agencies that do this?

Hello Shyamangi,

Are you coming to Bangkok to work or retire here?

I work for TIB Thailand (Co.,Ltd.) a company that does investment application to the BOI and work permit.  We could discuss in details the type of dependent visa for your helper.

Kind regards,

Tia

[email protected]

Hi,

As you're from SG and relocating with your Filipino maid, she can be on dependent visa.

I believe your spouse or yourself employer will do the necessary visa papers for you. Thus they can do the dependent visa for spouse; kids and maid too.

SG law firm, Colin Ng & partners has a branch office here and their SG office is in Chinatown. They can advise you.

You can write to SG embassy here and ask for help and assistance too. You may wish to contact SCOT (SG club of Thailand) or SG Thai Chamber of commerce. You are able to get contact details from the web or SG embassy in Bangkok.

Hope that helps you.