Meeting English speakers in Kherson

I'll be in Kherson next month looking to buy a place to live. I would love to meet up with English speakers to make friends.

Hi, I My husband and I are also from New York, but we live in Odessa for now. When you are in Odessa, please contact us if you want to make friends. My phone is ***, and by the way, I do speak Russian.
Qatar 2011

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I appreciate your reply. I have also considered living in Odessa. My wife is from the Ukraine so of course she speaks Russian. I will be in touch with you after my arrival in Kherson. We'll come there to meet and I'll look around while I'm there.  Philip
By the way, what is your name?

Thank you for answering, Philip. Why Kherson?
My husband understands Russian but doesn't speak much.
My e-mail is ***   Looking forward to getting your e-mail, so I can introduce myself properly...hahahah
Qatar2011

Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you

Hi,
I suggest take your time before you buy an apartment in  Ukraine .The laws are changing and the situation is crazy here at the moment.A lot of corruption  with property as people want to leave the country.
Mike Leonard

Hi,
I suggest take your time before you buy an apartment in  Ukraine .The laws are changing and the situation is crazy here at the moment.A lot of corruption  with property as people want to leave the country.my tel number.***
Mike Leonard

There is an American in Kherson who runs an introduction agency. His name is Kevin. Don't remember the exact name of the agency, Kherson Girls or something similar.

My wife is from Kherson and we think we might retire there in the near future if there are no seperatists in control.

Let us know if you have moved there or not. We would like to keep in touch if you do.

Will

Yeah, I know Kherson Girls.  I'll be in Kherson next month. Will you be there?
Philip

Hi Phillip,

We won't be in Kherson but would love to keep in touch with you.
We were looking at retiring in Kherson. My wife has a flat there.
But the seperatists on the offensive does not look good for the Kherson region.
Let me know if you move over.

Will

My wife also has a flat there.  I thought of moving there as well. However on second thought I am going to Odessa instead. Where do you get the news that the separatists are going to take over Kherson?

I read Kyivpost.com every day.
Some articles refer to the idea that Russian plans to take land to be called Novorossya from Mariopul all the way accross to Transnestria in Moldova. That includes several oblasts including Kherson and Odessa.

I imagine if he does invade then the sanctions that he will get this time will cripple this economy.  While all the scenarios you mentioned are in the realm of the possible they are probably not very probable.

are you in kherson?

Why do you think so ?

Please contact me. I'm arriving to Kherson tomorrow.
Philip

Moderated by Priscilla 4 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum please, thank you

Hi Phillip,

Got your message. Wife and I are still in USA.
I would recommend contacting Kevin of Kherson Girls website. He and his Kherson born wife run an introduction agency there. And he seems to be well connected to natural English speakers residing there.

Aloha,

Will

Yeah, I know about him. I heard he's not living here,but I'll check it out anyway. In the past I was a client of his.

Yes, I understand he resides part of the year in Florida. But see if you can reach him and find other connections in Kherson. That was my plan when my wife and I retire to  Kherson. He  is the only Kherson English speaker I know right now. And you. :-)

When will you be here next time?