FILIPINA seeking advise on how to apply and get a job in Malta

Hi. I am currently living in the Philippines still, i would like to seek help and advise from other filipinos or asians working in Malta on how they were able to apply for jobs and move to Malta? What was the process they went through to be able to move to Malta? Please help me so that I will be able to know how.

Thanks!

Hi cielorivamonte,

Welcome to expat-blog!

I suggest you to get in touch with the Maltese Consulate in Pasig, Philippines, please find contact information below:

Maltese Consulate in Pasig, Philippines
Consulate of Malta in Philippines
Room 1242 Megaplaza Building
ADB Avenue c/w Garnet Road
Ortigas Center
Pasig City
Philippines
Tel.: 0063 2 687 7245
Fax: 0063 (2) 687 7245

If I am right Schengen visa might be fine, but it might be better to get in touch with the nearest Maltese Consulate, to be aware of the official procedure.

Regards,

David.

You would. Not be allowed to live and move to Malta without a job that a Maltese person does not want, I.e.  Cleaner, housekeeper.  The employer would need to apply for your work permit and be very careful as I know of someone who was told on the Monday they were being deported on Friday as their contract had finished, his wife lives here, has a work permit and is now struggling to get him back into the country.  It's not an easy process but I do believe that there is a link about Third Country Nationals, which will answer all your questions.

Found this thanks to robpw being awesome ...

New Procedures for Work and Residence Permits

Are you a Third-Country National requesting or extending a work or residence permit in Malta?

The Employment and Training Corporation (ETC) and Identity Malta wish to announce the establishment of a one-stop-shop application service for the majority of Third-Country Nationals (TCNs) wishing to reside in Malta for the purpose of work.  This service will commence on the 21st July 2014.

A single simplified procedure, for TCNs, excluding those who fall within the categories listed below, will require the submission by the individual of only one application to the Department for Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs at Evans Building, St Elmo Place, Valletta.

This means that employers do not need to submit any applications for their prospective TCN employees. Applications need to be submitted by the prospective employees themselves. However, employers must previously endorse the application.

Does this procedure apply to all TCNs?

The single application procedure will be available to all TCNs other than those who fall within the following categories:

TCNs who are awaiting or have been granted temporary protection and beneficiaries of either international or national protection.
    TCNs who have long-term resident status.
    TCNs who are self-employed workers.
    TCNs who are students recognized under the Students Regulations (Legal Notice 29 of 2008).
    TCNs working in Malta for up to 6 months only.
    TCNs working in Malta on the basis of a visa.
    Posted TCN workers and intra-corporate transferees.

The above will continue to require the two separate procedures at ETC and Citizenship, as per current regulations.

Further information?

Procedures applicable to individual cases are available on www.mhas.gov.mt (MHAS Services  Residence) or by contacting the Department for Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs on 2590 4800 or by email on citizenship[at]gov.mt.

Hi,

you can follow previous posts in the sections job and visa's referring to your question.

You can either find yourself a job here in Malta and apply for residence based on a work permit. It is not that easy!

You can also use the services of agents in the Phillipines but read the following article published today to be warned about the risks :

http://www.maltatoday.com.mt/news/court … H9Gnsk0_lc

What kind of work are you looking for ? What are your qualifications?

Cheers
Ricky

Thank you for your help and information. I will try to do all those. :)

I  am  working in a hotel industry for 2 years now. I started out in the conceirge and got promoted to a supervisory position in the events/banquet department. Aside from that, i am currently studying culinary studies and im also going to get certification in crossfit training.

Thanks!

Hi,

have you considered working for/on one of the many cruise ships operating in the Mediterranean? Traditionally many of the crew in the various service sections and hospitallity are from the Phillipines.

For example Costa Cruises but there are many others.

Cheers
Ricky

hello...seen yr add...did u manage to acquire information regarding yr request? i am from malta