Living expenses,salary of an unskilled person and life in Bulgaria?

hello dear!
I am planing to move to Balgaria with my husband for study purpose.
Can you please guide me about the living expenses,salary of an unskilled person and the life of Bulgaria?
It would be a great help :)
Have a good day!

Hello Amna Ahmed,

I have created a new thread with your post on the Bulgaria forum for more visibility and for a better interaction with the other members.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hello Amna, living in Bulgaria can be very different depending on the lifestyle you want to have or are used to. You can live on 1000lv a month or you can easily spend 5k+
You can find an OK apartment in sofia on the cheap end for around 300-400lv (150-200€) that would be a one bedroom somewhere 10-15min away from the centre, you should look for a place close to either work or school. As for work I strongly suggest you and your husband get something set up before you move as work is hard to find. Just for example on salaries: a sales person at a store would make 450-550lv a month that is a 5day work week with 10-12h a day of work. I'm giving you this example as you said that you and your husband are unskilled and with English a sales job would be the easiest to get however it will still be hard without speaking Bulgarian as well. If you do move without securing a job first make sure you have at least 6mo worth of savings. The public transportation is pretty decent form what I've seen and heard. Food is relatively cheap however I've found that quality clothing and shoes are more expensive than the U.S. for example. Utilities vary on the type of heating in the apartment it's cheaper and better to have central heating so that's something to look for when selecting an apartment. Also I would recommend you hire a real estate agent to help you find a place, make sure you negotiate the rent. Hope this helps, if you have any specific questions feel free to ask.