Service Taxi Routes

Hi,

I understand that the service taxis have standard routes.  Is there a way to find out these routes other than trial/error.  I live in Zouk Mosbeh and although I carpool frequently to Beirut, it would be nice to be a bit more independent.  Private taxis get expensive!  My Arabic is highly limited for now, so communication with drivers is a challenge.

Thx-
Marlene

Well if you want to save money by using taxis, try not going on a far destination in one trio, so basically from zouk mosbeh, ask for a service to Dbayeh or Antelias, that should be 2000LL and then take another one to your destination, or catch a bus.

The bus might be a good option.  I'm afraid I haven't used the bus system here but know of people who use it regularly and say that it is fine.  I'm sorry that I can't help with any details about public buses here but maybe someone else on the forum knows more . . ?

you have to choose the right bur dear
try to use the big buses not the small ones .big buses are more safer

i saw you want to come to hamra load of traffic there my work is there but still nice place to visit

anyways need any assistant don't hesitate to PM ,me

Hello lonely,

Thank you for the information. However, this is an old thread dating from 2011. You can always try browsing through the Lebanon forum where you will find other interesting discussions where you can participate.

Shaazia
Expat.com Team