Visa requirement to rent a flat in Cyprus

Hello folks, thanks for taking the time to read my post. I am a Canadian and I work overseas in the oil and gas industry. I work a 5 and 5 rotation and I would like to make Limassol my home base.  With being a Canadian I am allowed to be in Cyprus for 90 days every 6 months so this should easily allow me to enter and leave without needing another visa as I will always be away 50%of the time.

My question is will this be sufficient to rent a flat, or would I need a residential visa? I have lived in 3 countries prior to this and have never had an issue but this is my first time in a European country.

Thanks!

hi goriders, i don't think you would need a residential visa to rent for 90 days, but i am not sure what the regulations are for non e.u. citizens. normally rental of accommodation is done on a 6 monthly contract but there are people willing to rent for shorter periods  "toon" put a very interesting article on expatblog about the pitfalls of renting. try the "anglo info" site for accommodation, i'm sure you would find it very helpful. good luck.