Regarding interview

Hi , I applied resident permit  online 5 month ago 2014 from infia . Can anyone plz tell me how long i have to wait gor interview mist of my my friend told me they got a mail from migration to book an interview after 4 months . I still waiting i already sent  so nany mails to migrationverkrt sweden regarding interview but every time they said u have to wait u case is under process . I know the waiting time is long for resident permit . But iam just waiting for interview the sweden migration should send me a mail for interview between this time . Plz anyone suggest me what i can do now thanks.

Hi , I applied resident permit  online 5 month ago 2014 from India . Can anyone plz tell me how long i have to wait gor interview most of my my friend told me they got a mail from migration to book an interview after 4 months . I still waiting i already sent  so many mails to migrationsverket sweden regarding interview but every time they said u have to wait u case is under process . I know the waiting time is long for resident permit . But iam just waiting for interview the sweden migration should send me a mail for interview between this time . Plz anyone suggest me what i can do now thanks.

it took me 3 months before i got an email saying that i can already book for an interview.

Hi,, can u plz let me know after interview how long it will take to get a resident permit of sweden . iam from india i been to interview in mid of jan 2015 thanks ..

Sekhon33 wrote:

Hi , I applied resident permit  online 5 month ago 2014 from India . Can anyone plz tell me how long i have to wait gor interview most of my my friend told me they got a mail from migration to book an interview after 4 months . I still waiting i already sent  so many mails to migrationsverket sweden regarding interview but every time they said u have to wait u case is under process . I know the waiting time is long for resident permit . But iam just waiting for interview the sweden migration should send me a mail for interview between this time . Plz anyone suggest me what i can do now thanks.

This is what I have understood.  If you have been to Sweden as tourist,  it would be faster like 3 to 4 months. But if you have not been to Sweden, like me, it was one year of waiting. They say now it can take up to 18 months. Its a long wait.

i did my interfew week  ago ...uptill now noting has been heard so far ...i apply  in september 2014  for recident permit to move to my husband in sweden ...we are married and register couple in seweden and my home country .....we have one kid ....can anyone pls tell me ..when i will get my final decision. thank

Hi Sekhon! It is written at migrationsverket homepage that it could take a maximum of 18 months before you receive a decision. But still, it  varies. With my application before (that was in 2011), i got the desicion after 4 weeks even if I haven't been to Sweden at all. Good luck! I hope it would be faster for you too.

Can you give me an idea about the interview . What are the possible question that they will ask? As a wife of swedish applying residents permit in Sweden. Thank you

are you also waiting for your email to book for an interfew ....... ?  but you know what ....i cant tell you here ....its not allow ....if you know any other way round ...that will more  be private ....am ready to tell you ......still waiting for my decision thou ...

Ive been on the interview for 3 months ago, and still havent heard nothing from Migrationsverket, and as I know July 27 to August 28 the Embassy is closed in Thailand for somekind of holiday, but my husband always calling the number that Migrationsverket give to him its a direct line,.and all they say is everything will be fine, therea nothing wrong about the paper etc.but they have not been assigned my paper to an immigration officer thou,Its been 11 months since I applied online...

torontomarivic wrote:

Can you give me an idea about the interview . What are the possible question that they will ask? As a wife of swedish applying residents permit in Sweden. Thank you

Most of the questions would be about your relationship with the person in Sweden, i.e., your husband/common-law partner. Questions are basic and could be: how long have you known him, when was he born, what are your plans when you are reunited with him in Sweden, etc. The questions are mostly to establish how well you know your partner and if your relationship is genuine. It would just be like a conversation rather than an inquisition, so relax 😉

Good luck!

Donna-lyn wrote:

Ive been on the interview for 3 months ago, and still havent heard nothing from Migrationsverket, and as I know July 27 to August 28 the Embassy is closed in Thailand for somekind of holiday, but my husband always calling the number that Migrationsverket give to him its a direct line,.and all they say is everything will be fine, therea nothing wrong about the paper etc.but they have not been assigned my paper to an immigration officer thou,Its been 11 months since I applied online...

It could be that the Swedish immigration officers  are dealing with a large volume of applications, thus the long wait. I've read that the  waiting time is now up to 18 months.