Work in Budapest or

Hello my name is Peter Huxter
    i have just moved to Hungary and i am looking for any work as a
Welder,
7.5 Tone Lorry driver.
      If anyone wants to learn to Kayak or Canoe. I am a native English speaking, Qualified Instructor wanting to offer lessons or trips that are open for all ages. peterhuxter.co.uk 

Hi peterhux,

Welcome to expat-blog!

A longer introduction of yourself might be welcome.

Posting your CV in the Construction and Civil engineering jobs in Hungary section, this might surely be helpful. Thank you.

Regards,

David.

As a manual worker even with great skills you are sadly going to find that in Hungary the wages are hardly even worth getting out of bed for.
It has been over 10 years since my husband called about an add for a skilled manual machinist.
We were just on holiday here and he was just messing about. He had trained as a young man in Hungary for 4 years as a machinist and worked in that trade in HU in the late 1960's.
In the US he worked in high paying machinist jobs, even owned his own machine shops over the 40 years in the states.
Made one of a kind special order parts for the US military and special equipment parts for the medical field.
he made good money and was rewarded for his work and skills.
The machinist job here in HU was willing to pay nothing, forgot the exact amount but less then $5. an hour even with his skills.
There are so many over qualified people in HU who hardly can make a living. It is sad really, most hard working skilled people leave Hungary to make a normal wage.
My husband also was a professional driver in Hungary in the late 1960s. He wanted to learn to drive in the old commie days an d the only way for a poor boy was to pay for driving school, become a pro and drive someone else's car or truck.
He still has 11 endorsments to drive in the EU. He also drove professionally for 7 years in Las Vegas as a taxi driver. He drove taxi's in HU between machinist jobs as a highly motovated young man.
These days he would never even consider driving a cab with the rough wild drivers that are professional con men these days over here in HU.
I wish you luck because sadly you will need it.
You may have better luck just doing a business with the canoes and such, open a stall near the lakes.
Hate to sound negative but for many years we went back and forth to the US 6 months here and 6 months there just to make real money to spend on holiday in HU. We personally know many people who worked in the US, Hu citizens who have come home to roost in their old age who would ever even think about working in HU for a live able wage.
I have a friend from the UK who has properties in HU but still has to work in the UK.

Hi thanks for you reply. That was a lot of good information about working conditions in Hungary. I am currently in the UK but will be back next week. This is not the first time I have herd of standards of work involve back handers and companies failing once again thank you for your reply
Peter

I know several people who have retired in HU. But never met anyone yet who came here to work.
Hard to wait until retirement  time though.
My new friend works in the UK and can only visit her homes in HU a couple weeks per year until she retires. It's hard, she has to hire local people to take care of her properties over here.
Not saying you won't find a job, they just don't pay anything like you get in the UK or USA.