Airport taxi

Hi,
how much taxi cost in from the airport of the following cities:
Mexico
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Guanajuato, Nuevo Leon, Mexico

which between the three cities are the cheapest, safest and less crowded.
thanks

Taxi depends on where you go

I prefer Guadalajara

can I find american or Canadian stores or supermarket in Guadalajara?

You can find some high end shops in some parts of Mexico. Stores like gucci, tiffany, Hermes etc. You can also of course find Walmarts and Sams club, or Costco in some areas. The markets are Mega, Chedruai, Soriana and of course the local peoples markets. I have found the markets to be as good or better then the U.S. and healthier because their cattle is range fed and the chickens are out in the sun plus they are resisting GMO"s and not using a lot of chemicals. The junk food and fast food is also here as it is everywhere.

travellight wrote:

You can find some high end shops in some parts of Mexico. Stores like gucci, tiffany, Hermes etc. You can also of course find Walmarts and Sams club, or Costco in some areas. The markets are Mega, Chedruai, Soriana and of course the local peoples markets. I have found the markets to be as good or better then the U.S. and healthier because their cattle is range fed and the chickens are out in the sun plus they are resisting GMO"s and not using a lot of chemicals. The junk food and fast food is also here as it is everywhere.

The commercial chicken is force feed in large operations in the same way US chicken is and never sees the sunlight. The beef is feed alfalfa for the most part except some operations in Sonora, Sinaloa and Chihuahua.

alleycat1 wrote:
travellight wrote:

The commercial chicken is force feed in large operations in the same way US chicken is and never sees the sunlight. The beef is feed alfalfa for the most part except some operations in Sonora, Sinaloa and Chihuahua.

I don't know where you live, but the chicken farms I have seen have chicken running around in the sun, If they were not getting sun and were fed and managed  the same as the U.S.  The yokes would be pale yellow like the U.S. and the eggs would have to be refrigerated not left on the shelves as they are in every store I have checked here. The eggs here sit on the shelves not in refrigeration and the yokes are dark orange which indicates exposure to sun light.

The cattle are primarily grass fed, I have also seen them while traveling in many parts of Mexico and their meat looks grass fed not grain fed. There may be occasional alfalfa or grass feed , but not often because of costs.

travellight wrote:

and the eggs would have to be refrigerated not left on the shelves as they are in every store I have checked here. The eggs here sit on the shelves not in refrigeration and the yokes are dark orange which indicates exposure to sun light.

Just to clarify a point on the eggs. In the US, eggs are washed and that removes the protective coating that the laying process put on them. This coating prevents the eggs from spoiling. The disadvantage is that you have to refrigerate the eggs. I believe the USDA wants to prevent the spread of e coli or salmonella. Eggs are not wash in Mexico and I believe in Europe also. Plus, these days there is no difference between white and brown eggs. It depends on the feed. Of course, free-range hens lay brown eggs, but those industries that produce thousand of eggs a day from cooped hens merely add coloring to the food.

travellight wrote:
alleycat1 wrote:
travellight wrote:

I don't know where you live, but the chicken farms I have seen have chicken running around in the sun, If they were not getting sun and were fed and managed  the same as the U.S.  The yokes would be pale yellow like the U.S. and the eggs would have to be refrigerated not left on the shelves as they are in every store I have checked here. The eggs here sit on the shelves not in refrigeration and the yokes are dark orange which indicates exposure to sun light.

The cattle are primarily grass fed, I have also seen them while traveling in many parts of Mexico and their meat looks grass fed not grain fed. There may be occasional alfalfa or grass feed , but not often because of costs.

Beef is generally feedlot finished here in Mexico and the egg and chicken operations are basically the same as in the US the difference being they feed the chickens with a yellow seed that the US does not use. The large chicken operations I see all over Central Mexico have barns and feed silos and are identical to US chicken and egg ranches.

Maybe you see them in the south east part of the country but not in the industrial Central Mexico region where they are the large producers and name brands that are in all the large supermarket chains..
The plant with the large yellow seeds used as feed quite often, not corn is in Spanish called "cempoalxochitl" and that is why you will see yellow skin and dark yellow yokes in the producers here.

http://ageconsearch.umn.edu/bitstream/2 … 010014.pdf

joaquinx wrote:
travellight wrote:

and the eggs would have to be refrigerated not left on the shelves as they are in every store I have checked here. The eggs here sit on the shelves not in refrigeration and the yokes are dark orange which indicates exposure to sun light.

Just to clarify a point on the eggs. In the US, eggs are washed and that removes the protective coating that the laying process put on them. This coating prevents the eggs from spoiling. The disadvantage is that you have to refrigerate the eggs. I believe the USDA wants to prevent the spread of e coli or salmonella. Eggs are not wash in Mexico and I believe in Europe also. Plus, these days there is no difference between white and brown eggs. It depends on the feed. Of course, free-range hens lay brown eggs, but those industries that produce thousand of eggs a day from cooped hens merely add coloring to the food.

You are right Joaquinx, not cleaning the eggs is why they are safe to be on the shelf. Removing that natural bacteria opens the eggs up to infection actually. nature has been balancing risk reward for sometime that way. The eggs as well as milk in the U.S. will rot and smell foul in or out of the frig in a relatively quick time because the natural protective bacteria has been removed by pasteurization and cleaning. That is done because of the unsound unclean management practices being used in the U.S. It's a long convoluted situation and historical story .
You are also right about eggs not being washed in Europe. Real Free range eggs can be any color it depends on the type of chicken. The feed in the U.S. is highly industrialized and contains GMO's, antibiotics and possible hormones or arsenic  to create bigger chickens . You can see why I didn't go into more detail. Yes I have a science geek background that provided this information.