Filipinos working in hamburg

Hi all,

I'm newbie in this forum. I recently received a job offer to work in an IT company based in Hamburg. I am currently considering my options, and would appreciate any advice from Filipinos here who might be in similar circumstances.

Thanks!

Hi, wish you good time staying in Hamburg***
Best regards
Lyne

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Please post in english only on this english speaking forum

What kind of options are you considering? I am Filipino-American. I understand some Tagalog but can't speak. :) My husband (who is German) and kids moved here in spring 2014 from the US so we're also new.
Alles gute,
Cindy

I am also in the same kind of situation, the only difference is I'll be moving from Dubai to Hamburg for a job offer. I am non-German speaker.

So I'd say Hamburg is a great city--diverse, lots of international firms, cultural events. I myself am very busy with two young kids and meeting others in the evenings when most are free is difficult. On language...I live in a neighborhood where knowing German is very helpful to get around, shop, eat out, etc. There are enough people here though that speak English where you can get away without. But really to get to know the culture and people it's to learn at least the basics. I can recommend a self paced program if you're interested.

Hi all.  I've been working (based) in Hamburg for more than a year now.  Relatively fewer Filipinos around compared to Berlin or Munich.

What advice are you looking for?  Maybe I can help based on my personal experiences (as well as experiences shared by other expatriates and foreigners).

-Steven

Hello. I'm moving to Hamburg in January 2016. I'm looking for an inexpensive flat, shared or solo. Thanks

I will also be moving next year in hamburg.

@MonC > you should post an ad in the housing in Hamburg section.

Hi! My name is Nathalie and my husband and I moved in to Wentorf bei Hamburg last year. Im looking to meet other filipinos. Care to connect?

Hi Nate. I'm in Bergedorf (next to Wentorf)...perhaps one day we can meet for coffee.

Hi
im new  here in Germany ( Schwarzenbek in particular just 30 min from Hamburg )
Looking forward to meet some Filipinos also as there are just few in this area.
Would be nice to exchange conversation with you.
Salamat po