Business Venture !

I'm an Aussie presently based in Cambodia / PP. My professional background is in security & have been in the military / security industry for 35 years. Recently came back from Iraq where I was working as a security contractor for 7 years. Have been coming to Cambodia since '74 & worked lived in PP from '95-02. I have been back in PP for approx. 8 months looking at business opportunities preferably in the security / risk management area, but open to other opportunities ? Just a thought ! There are many bars / cafes, etc. in Cambodia & many do ok business wise, & sadly others struggle for what ever the reason. My thought is to open a restaurant / bar but have it ''themed'' as a Veteran's hangout but obviously open to anyone. The design would be like a ''bunker'' with memorabilia of all past / present conflicts, etc. Have the staff dressed accordingly & if done right with a strong marketing platform, I believe it would create a lot on interest from all nationalities. Potentially it could be duplicated in SR & Sihanoukville - Franchised ??

Anyway, just a thought & to see if there was anyone out there that may be looking at something to get there teeth into. Look forward in any thoughts / comments. Cheers.

Hi,

This is a great opportunity and good idea, we only do straight funding no partnerships or JV otherwise I would love to get involve

Mebaria,
                Appreciate the quick response. You mentioned ''we'' & also various funding, etc. Do you represent a company / others ? If you do straight funding that is of interest also. I would appreciate it if you could send me some info / thoughts to my e-mail address: [email protected]

After looking at that, there may be another way for myself to approach this. Cheers.

Sounds like a great idea, you should do very well with it.  Hubby (ex military) and I are heading to sihanoukville to see what opportunities are there.

[ Moderated: no free ad for your company on the forum pls ]

Hi there, Would anybody know how to move money from Indonesia to Cambodia?   Can I open a bank account in Cambodia before I move there? I am an Australian citizen and do not want to transfer the money to Australia first as it will cost me double with exchange fees and transfer fees. Any information will be appreciated, Thank you, Philip.

Hi Phil
The bank is ABA Bank. I had no problems 3 years ago transferring from Bali
To Siem Reap.     ABA will want passport copy ; business visa and proof of residence eventually
I think
I'm also  an Australian  now in the real estate industry in Siem Reap
Michael
Solina Realty

In a country that had been divaasted by war and raped by America Secret service supported
By us Australians in 70s.  I think the idea is stupid and brings to a head what Cambodians
have suffered  then and now
Have the concept but base it on Iraq. ;  Afgan.  Timor. But not. Cambodia
Micgael

Hi

The bar seems in principle a good idea but what's your thoughts on a security business operating in cambodia ? Do you think the wealthy of the country value western security and would pay ?'

Let's have a chat
[email protected]