Family Reunification

Hello, everyone!

My name is Hazel and is very new in here. Your blog has been recommended by Google when I searched about Family Reunification thing. So, here is my situation. I am not an expat but I am living in Norway for 1 year and 11 months. I am an Au pair from Philippines and is engaged to a Norwegian guy. We have plans to getting married on December 5, 2014. My contract will end by January 7, 2015 which means that my permit to stay in Norway will end too. My concern is that how long will the UDI process my case? I heard that it will take 10 months to wait. Does it mean also that I have the need to go back to Philippines and wait until they approved my visa? Such a confusing situation. I have been to UDI site but no cases as mine to clear my confusion. Anyone who has the same situation as I have? Can you guys help me? Thank you so much!!!

Mvh
Hazel

HCLS wrote:

Hello, everyone!

My name is Hazel and is very new in here. Your blog has been recommended by Google when I searched about Family Reunification thing. So, here is my situation. I am not an expat but I am living in Norway for 1 year and 11 months. I am an Au pair from Philippines and is engaged to a Norwegian guy. We have plans to getting married on December 5, 2014. My contract will end by January 7, 2015 which means that my permit to stay in Norway will end too. My concern is that how long will the UDI process my case? I heard that it will take 10 months to wait. Does it mean also that I have the need to go back to Philippines and wait until they approved my visa? Such a confusing situation. I have been to UDI site but no cases as mine to clear my confusion. Anyone who has the same situation as I have? Can you guys help me? Thank you so much!!!

Mvh
Hazel

Whilst waiting for others to reply please read through the posts  on the Norway section of this blog. Your boyfriend should also ask the relevant authorities for information as he is Norwegian.

HCLS wrote:

Hello, everyone!

Mvh
Hazel

You have a working visa, so I'm sure you can stay there while waiting on your papers. A friend of mine was living in Norway on a Student Visa when she got married. She got all her needed paperwork from family who sent it up, but could stay in Norway while the decision was being made.. I'm not 100% sure about your situation since your contract is ending.. But call UDI & check with them directly. Either call them or email, but do it now!

as long as your application and submission of documents at the politi is before the expiration of your visa you are allowed to stay. the condition is that you have to stay inside norway until ur new visa is issued because once u go home u'll get stuck in the philippines to wait for ur visa there.

i have a similar case to u but mine is this:

1. my tourist visa was april 16 to july 13
2. boyfriend proposed june 2
3. he didnt want me to go home so we got a schedule at udi june 26 and submitted docs
4. 1st week november we planned to gwt married went to skatteetaten to apply we were able to ask udi to send us a document stating "i have legal stay and permission to get married while i have pending application"
5. we got married last friday and we submitted the marriage certificate to udi they change my application from fiance permit to family reuni.

so yeah theres a proof u can stay inside norway even if ur visa expires as long as u werr able to submit an application. :) i think its worth it to wait 9 months and be stuck in norway because you'll be with your husband then, coz once u get ur residence permit you can go out of the country.

i hope this was helpful.

Hei
Its my hope all is well on your side!
I have some queries since i know you are well informed and experienced, my fianceè and i started the relation in 2012 and in 2013 jan we applied for fiancee permit from my country(Tanzania) we have a lawyer who is representing us in the whole processs, the documents were sent to
Norway on march and my fiancèe received confirmation dtd 26 march, therefore this month 26 is the nineth month! Today on 3rd i have received  email from them that my permit is still waiting to be processed and i will be notified of the updates monthly, before this my lawyer had talked with them last friday that they need to make it fast they had a talk of like one and half hour, and they said they will look on it and thats when i received this email today,
So am quite confused does this email means they wil take more than the actual nine months???and what is the possible result time aftrt they start sending this monthly updates??
I really need your information on that because its quite stressing us alot!!

Anniek10 wrote:

Hei
Its my hope all is well on your side!
I have some queries since i know you are well informed and experienced, my fianceè and i started the relation in 2012 and in 2013 jan we applied for fiancee permit from my country(Tanzania) we have a lawyer who is representing us in the whole processs, the documents were sent to
Norway on march and my fiancèe received confirmation dtd 26 march, therefore this month 26 is the nineth month! Today on 3rd i have received  email from them that my permit is still waiting to be processed and i will be notified of the updates monthly, before this my lawyer had talked with them last friday that they need to make it fast they had a talk of like one and half hour, and they said they will look on it and thats when i received this email today,
So am quite confused does this email means they wil take more than the actual nine months???and what is the possible result time aftrt they start sending this monthly updates??
I really need your information on that because its quite stressing us alot!!

Unfortunately, sometimes it takes more than 9 months.  :(