Ask about the life in Razlog, Blagoevgrad

Hello every one,
I am from Viet Nam and I and some friends will come to  Razlog, Blagoevgrad for an volunteer exchange program within 2 months. Would you mind please sharing some infor about the life there? How is the weather present?
I also concern about the special culture, the price of goods and transportation to Sofia and interior of province. Does they use bicycles? Can i borrow or rent from people?

Thank you

Hi,

Coming from Vietnam, I think the winter weather will be quite a shock to you. Wrap up warm.
Summers are very nice though  :)

oh my!

hi errr well been ther few times ,lovely place,have been told bansco has its own language,frome b.g so if g.g it be difficalt,but love the plsce...if can help will do ....

Markleu oi,
How is the cost of living there for about 2 months?
yes, im learning some signs of BG.

hi, we have been there a few times and seams very reasonable,there is only a few restauronts but a nice meat meal was around 10-15 lev,as for rentals we looked at appartments for long tearm and depends what you want minn 2 bed was about 350 euro,but there are lots so just shop arround,good look....mark

Cost of living can be quite cheap if you don't party, as for traveling to Sofia there are busses and that's your best bet going anywhere unless you got a car. Since you will be coming in the middle of winter riding a bicycle will be difficult also it's not as common as Vietnam, public transportation is somewhat good just make sure you got someone to point you in the right direction.

Thank you so much Kris0 and Markleu.. I do hope that my Visa went well and I could be there soon. yah, i was told that buses are good and that is the best way for me to travel around..Im so afraid of snowing winter that i've never passed in VN.

Yeah it started snowing last night and it's snowing right now, it deffinately takes some getting used to, make sure you bring scarves, gloves and a heavy jacket

Are you living in Razlog, Kris0? Can you tell me the cultures in Xmas day?  does Bul want to welcome a stranger to their home on Xmas? Im wondering if I could join sometimes on that day?

ugh you've just made me shiver!! ha-ha its cold damp and grey in the uk guess that sounds tropical compared to bg right now!
dont think you'll get much odds on betting for a white xmas in bg too!!
All you need is some chopped wood burning away some fantastic bulgarian chicken soup and vodka......
When I get out to bg if theres snow I'll build a snowman be like the winter version of Castaway with Tom Hanks, he had a basketball as his only friend I'll have snowy!! ha ha keep happy, healthy, and warm.
Best wishes Steve.

I live in Sofia, as far as xmas goes yes you should be able to find someone to spend it with, you said you are volunteering? I'm sure ppl in the program would be able to help you out

You can bring some of your favorite vietnamese instant noodles.It will be very perfect for a cold weather,Bring some vietnamese  can goods or any easy to prepare meal  and your favorite tea  :)