FD-258 Ten-Finger Fingerprint Card

I need to procure a FD-258 Ten-Finger Fingerprint Card in Brazil - it's the official and only fingerprint card that the CA Department of Justice and FBI will accept. Does anyone know if the Federal Police or if the US Consulate in Sao Paulo can provide these cards? My husband has been trying to get in touch with the Federal Police via phone and I've been trying the US Consulate to no avail. We've emailed both agencies and will hopefully hear back from one or the either. :|

This is what it looks like:

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identi … s/fd-258-1

James to the rescue once again......

You can download the FD-258 Fingerprint Card here:   http://www.fingerscan.ca/download/

You can take the filled out card to the Policia Federal or Policia Civil (whichever is closer) and ask them to take your prints, stamp and sign the card.

Cheers,
James

Thank you, James, but the CA DOJ will not accept a printout of the FD-258 card. We need an original card...and neither the Federal Police nor the U.S. consulate in SP have this card. It looks as if I'm going to have to have my sister send me one from the U.S. No joke. :(

What is the best courier service to use to get packages quickly into Brazil? Fedex? UPS? DHL? Does it matter? Time is of the essence, and I need to make sure that I have this card in my hands ASAP. I do not want to tussle with Brazilian Customs agents and be subjected to their excessive delays, so how do I minimize the chance of my sister's package being held up by Customs?  :/

VictoriaChandler wrote:

Thank you, James, but the CA DOJ will not accept a printout of the FD-258 card. We need an original card...and neither the Federal Police nor the U.S. consulate in SP have this card. It looks as if I'm going to have to have my sister send me one from the U.S. No joke. :(

What is the best courier service to use to get packages quickly into Brazil? Fedex? UPS? DHL? Does it matter? Time is of the essence, and I need to make sure that I have this card in my hands ASAP. I do not want to tussle with Brazilian Customs agents and be subjected to their excessive delays, so how do I minimize the chance of my sister's package being held up by Customs?  :/

FedEx or UPS... if there documents... if they include anything other like macaroni and cheese they are subject to long delays like anything else in Brazil.

That's strange because there are several agents who use a printout of the card, the link I gave is just one of them. They are accepted all the time.

I'm sure that if you send it directly to the FBI you'll be able to get the Criminal Record Check with a printout. Other police forces will even accept a foreign police department's standard figerprint forms. For example in Canada the RCMP accept them. I had mine done by the Policia Federal here in Brazil using their form, and I got my Certified Criminal Record Check returned by mail without any problem.

Are you sure about your information? I know that (for technical reasons) they do not accept scanned forms for fingerprint identification, perhaps whoever gave you the information was confused with that. I have carefully examined the DOJ - CA website and I cannot find anywhere that it states that you can't use a printed off form FD-258 for a Criminal Record Check. The mere fact that it is readily available to download would tend to indicate otherwise.

The site contains a "Contact Us" link. In the interest of saving time I'd suggest using that or phone them to confirm whether or not you can use a printed off form.

http://oag.ca.gov/fingerprints

Cheers,
James

James wrote:

That's strange because there are several agents who use a printout of the card, the link I gave is just one of them. They are accepted all the time.

I'm sure that if you send it directly to the FBI you'll be able to get the Criminal Record Check with a printout. Other police forces will even accept a foreign police department's standard figerprint forms. For example in Canada the RCMP accept them. I had mine done by the Policia Federal here in Brazil using their form, and I got my Certified Criminal Record Check returned by mail without any problem.

Are you sure about your information? I know that (for technical reasons) they do not accept scanned forms for fingerprint identification, perhaps whoever gave you the information was confused with that. I have carefully examined the DOJ - CA website and I cannot find anywhere that it states that you can't use a printed off form FD-258 for a Criminal Record Check. The mere fact that it is readily available to download would tend to indicate otherwise.

The site contains a "Contact Us" link. In the interest of saving time I'd suggest using that or phone them to confirm whether or not you can use a printed off form.

http://oag.ca.gov/fingerprints

Cheers,
James

Yes, I'm positive that we can't use a printout of the card. We called the DOJ and spoke to someone directly.

usmc_mv wrote:
VictoriaChandler wrote:

FedEx or UPS... if there documents... if they include anything other like macaroni and cheese they are subject to long delays like anything else in Brazil.

Thank you! :)