Kuching.. anybody ?

hello,
i am looking for accommodation in Kuching,does anybody have any idea about how and where to start searching ..?

thanku

Alina

This link as property but mainly rooms:

Kuching - www.ibilik.my

Perhaps you could clarify what you are looking for and for how long?

Iproperty - search using "Kuching" as the keyword

i am looking for an apartment , to rent for at least one year ,in a safe area , and cheapest as possible, unfurnished  and pet friendly...

if you are a Univeristy tudent as k the Uni to help if you are working there ask your organisation to help.or stay in a hotel fist and ask a nice restaurant to help you/the crime rate is very high there (lots of illegal drug usage, not mentioned in any crime index) so its best to be safe .

thank you. i had no idea about the crime rate.. it's very useful info.

the crime rate goes unreported.Its a small place with not much to do for the young. There's a lot of drugs hence leads to violence.Teens are into gangs and there are many fights. There was a murder of 2 British medical students in a Pub  a few months ago and people kept saying its such a peaceful place.....theres a lot of underlying currents..pent up aggression.Its peaceful if you live with your family and rive to the beach on weekends, and have your own group. Not to go out there to make new friends.Many louts and gangs in town.....Im not frightening you BUT heres the truth. in Sabah its more peaceful.The city is good.And everyone will tell you where not to go.I lived in all these different cities due to my job.

thank you .Much appreciated

Totally nonsense. If you are real malaysian, u'll find that whatever spe said is the other way round. I live in both cities for years, and trust me, kuching is a pretty safe city in malaysia. As for Sabah, sulu armies are terrorising the cities, it's a dead state with less tourist nowadays.
As for Kuching, it's famous for its cleanliness and among the lowest crime rate in Malaysia. SPE, please read more books and newspapers.

Well just sharing my experiences.I think instead of reading you should be living there right? I have.

yes, i've stayed at both places for past 18 years and 6 years each.

you are both right from your perspective.

please don't argue here .

thank you both , i appreciate both of your replies.