Native dutch girl looking for a job in Shanghai

Hi

I'm Eveline

Soon Ill obtain my bachelor degree in kindergarten teaching. At the same time, Ill obtain a post-graduate in teaching moral and ethics in primary school.

I plan to live in Shanghai for a few years, starting from July 2015, so I'm looking on the Internet for jobs. I was born in Antwerp (Flanders, Belgium) and Im a Dutch native speaker. Because of my teacher training, my spoken language is very clear and correct. I understand and speak English very well. I also have a basic knowledge of French.

I'm hoping to find people on the Expatblog who can help me or give me tips to find a job in Shanghai. It doesn't necessarily have to be a teaching job.

Cheers !

Welcome on board  :cheers:

I hope that some members can enlighten you soon.

What is the reason that you want to live in Shanghai?

Hi Primadonna

Thanks for your reaction.

Well. The truth is that my boyfriend is working in Shanghai. That's the main reason.

Besides, I love travelling. I'm interested to see other parts of the world. Because of the fact that my boyfriend is living there atm, my journey will start there too.

I'm interested to see and feel the difference in education between ( in this case ) Shanghai and my own country. I've been in Jianying and Shanghai before and I really enjoyed it.

I will hope you both soon meet each others good luck ...!

Dear Eveline,

I hope you will enjoy your time in Shanghai.

Please send your resume to YS Training School.
It is a small language school in the Pudong area.
The owners name is Lydia and you can use me as a reference, Dr Stephen.

[email protected]

www.lilikeys.com

Good luck, Dr Stephen

Hi there!

Check out some english teaching schools like English first, Disney English, and Wall street english. I've had friends work for them- tho many classes they teach are after school, evening, and weekends. (Which is hard socially) but they pay well, sometimes also room & board. Do be wary and ask plenty of questions. Some schools say they are placing you in Shanghai, but fail to mention you are actually outside the central business district- sometimes 2 hrs away- still in SH province, but far from other foreigners.

Hope that helps!

Goededag Eveline,

Ik zag toevallig je post. 
Als je een baan zoekt in China is les geven het makkelijkst om een baan in te vinden en wordt het best betaald.
Er zijn zat websites die vacatures plaatsen voor teaching-positions. Een google search levert vaak al meer dan genoeg mogelijkheden op, helemaal als je al ervaring/opleiding in die richting hebt.
Succes!
Laura

l.visser1 wrote:

Goededag Eveline,

Ik zag toevallig je post. 
Als je een baan zoekt in China is les geven het makkelijkst om een baan in te vinden en wordt het best betaald.
Er zijn zat websites die vacatures plaatsen voor teaching-positions. Een google search levert vaak al meer dan genoeg mogelijkheden op, helemaal als je al ervaring/opleiding in die richting hebt.
Succes!
Laura

Welcome to the forum

As this is an English speaking forum could you please post in ENGLISH only so that we all can understand your post and perhaps offer information or advice.
Thank you.