Finding work in Bali

Hi all, would love any I go on finding jobs in Bali, I'm a hairdresser and looking to move to Bali as soon as possible, would love to hear from anyone who is in similar trades or any advice would be amazing!

Hi Sarah,

You can start by reading this thread:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=292919

While I hate to “rain on your parade” the fact is that you will not be able to find legal employment in your field here in Bali.  Your only shot would be to open a hair salon business which is already very full of competition.

Sarah, don't think to work without work permit if you can caught you can end up in prison up to 5 years and paying up to Rp 500.000.000.

http://m.thejakartapost.com/news/2014/1 … tions.html

Read above article from last month.

Are you still interested in working as a stylist in Bali?

hairjobbali wrote:

Are you still interested in working as a stylist in Bali?

Old thread, but does it matter anyway?
Apart from opening a business, there is no legal way for her to work.

I am not a snitch...but many will turn you in if you are working illegally here as many are very protective of jobs for Indonesian's being taken by people coming to work illegally.  Penalties are severe.

ronal60p wrote:

I am not a snitch...but many will turn you in if you are working illegally here as many are very protective of jobs for Indonesian's being taken by people coming to work illegally.  Penalties are severe.

And this will happening much more often now that people will report foreigners when they suspect they are working illegally.

Hi there yes still very interested

Sarahbeach wrote:

Hi there yes still very interested

Make sure they supply the KITAS and work permit.
You MUST have these or you could end up in serious trouble.

Also.. ask a question.

Why would an employer spend over US$1,300 just to employ you when he can get a good local worker without paying it?
Wait on...I believe it's double that in Bali.
Revised to over $2,600 (with KITAS).

If they can't manage an answer, don't do it.