Made redundant on a 457, HELP!

Hi all

New to the forum, but in need to help urgently.

I have been made redundant and have until early Jan to gain new sponsorship. Its not a great time and I do not have many leads.

My son was born here and my wife is due with #2 in April, I consider my son an aussie and its our home.

Does anyone know of ways to extend the 3 months grace after losing sponsorship?

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers
Ian

i want to live in australia but how ican get the visa

MRHIGHERBEING wrote:

Hi all

New to the forum, but in need to help urgently.

I have been made redundant and have until early Jan to gain new sponsorship. Its not a great time and I do not have many leads.

My son was born here and my wife is due with #2 in April, I consider my son an aussie and its our home.

Does anyone know of ways to extend the 3 months grace after losing sponsorship?

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers
Ian

Have you thought of contacting immigration and informing them of your problem. I don't know if a 457 visa is transferable.
I take it your son has an Oz birth certificate. Use this when you contact immigration. 

Good luck.

cheers for the help

It doesn't do any harm to talk to immigration.   You may be able to get a bridging visa or extension of time, especially since this the silly season, which lasts till end of Jan.   What's your prospects to find another sponsor?

457 visas are only temporary so I would be wary of using your children's birth in Australia as leverage unless you can switch to PR:

Am not sure if this will assist; I've a business associate who had fairly similar situation that he & family overcame .. and now a resident.  There might be value in finding out what he did & speaking to him ...

Hi There,
I was in that same situation some years ago. I contacted immigration; there is a special division for 457 visas.
I told them my situation but I don't have children; I had debts credit card and a car loan, I simply told them that I ww were a couple of good people trying to make a future and that if we were to leave the country we would have to leave unpaid bills and loans.  Also I told them that I was sure that I would get a job with no problem but it takes some time. They agreed to give me a unconditional bridging visa and to keep them informed every two weeks on my progress. Fortunately, I got a job after 5 weeks and they just transfered the 457 to the new employer.
Just make sure that we you go on interview you point out that you need a sponsorship visa but that you already had one. 457 are very common so don't beg for it!
Remember every thing in life is a business case. If you know how to sell it you will get it!
Stay positive

Hi Ian,
              Do you have to have employment or can it be a business ?

Georgina

[Moderated: Avoid Copy/Paste on the forum.]