Internet connection

Hi to all,
      Im new here in Bahrain, I just wanted to know whats the best Internet provider in terms of gaming for both pc and console like ps4, and if you could tell me what plan is better...thanks :)

Hi Zero, and welcome to Bahrain
Well from my experience in the gaming fields, i'd have to say that Batelco provides the best internet especially for gaming, coz it uses a ground cable for internt whci makes better and will always give you stable connection.
As for the plans you have to go there and see what suits you.

im not saying that the other companies are bad or anything, but when it comes to gaming i prefer Batelco for the above mentioned reasons.

please avoid zain,thats my experience.. as mujtaba mentioned,batelco is better..

dear zer0430rez,

Batelco & Kalam Telecom provide Fixed-Line ADSL Broadband (stable) for which you would need a Batelco Landline  as a requirement all the other providers like (Menatelecom, Zain, Viva) use 4G LTE service. If you choose to go with 4GLTE service you would first want to check whether there is proper network in your area to get the max speed.

Good luck!

T&R
Arjun

I use Rapid Telecom, they use a batelco line but then they put a microwave dish on my roof that makes the internet speed a lot faster than it would normally be. My son games 24/7 and it works really well for him, even when I'm downloading

where are Rapid telecom located at Jo ?
could you please tell , coz i game alot too lol

mujtaba19 wrote:

where are Rapid telecom located at Jo ?
could you please tell , coz i game alot too lol

Rapid Telecommunications W.L.L.
Almoayyed Tower
Road 2832, Building 2504, Block 428
Seef District
Kingdom of Bahrain  :cheers:

thanx Gunner your awesome  ;)

Tel No of Hassan, vice president is +97339968866 and his email is [email protected]

Customer services is 69997999

Ryan engineer is +97339670048

Doods engineer is 36670037

Thanx Jo  appreciate the help , and a tel would make it eaisier

thanx guys

Ive just answered a similar thing in another post. Depending where you live will depend on whats available but if your in the outskirts of the city center, such as saar then Zain 4G offer a great service comparable to fibre optic internet connection back home in England. However my old place in Bahrain i was using batelco and that was seef region.

I can only comment on a tried service by myself, zain as i have been their customer for about a year now, but all these 4G packages work great if you can get it, whether batelco, viva or zain but zain has the best coverage for the not so city center locations.

In the saar, barbar and locations out of the city center. Zain offer a brilliant 4g service that connects via mobile network and a home router system. Best thing to do is go into the store and give them your location and they can check their system for coverage. I couldnt get batelco 4G signal where i live, Saar but Zain had the full Max 4G LTE package available.

As for the service itself:

The network is constant and not once has it dropped in terms of service, speed or reliability. I signed up to Zain's 4G internet (data only) package and it cost me over a year ago 40 BD a month for speeds up to 40mb which gave me a constant average download speed of about 3.6mb per a second. Fast enough to download a movie in under 5 minutes and no issues with online streaming. I had a capped limit of 250 GB of data download per a month which was more than enough for me.

They do offer another package that was 80BD a month and that has a 1000 GB data download limit plus speeds nearly up to 100MB if this is something more of interest to you. The engineer who came out tests both services and lets you know if the higher speed one is available or not, in my case it was but being alone here and only wanted to use online streaming of amazon prime services etc in HD, the 40mb package did a better job than my fibre optic package back home in England did.

The zain website has some offer on now that wasn't available when i signed up o you pay for the first  month for example and then zain will pay for the next month so it works out at like being 50% off

bh.zain.com/en/personal/internet-plans/4g-lte-home-broadband/4g-lte-plans

Batelco services and costs which is another alternative if you can get it depending on location
portal.batelco.com/personal-mobile-services/unlimited-mobile-broadband/

Hope this helps :)