New members of the Colombia forum, introduce yourself here

[Moderated: No free ad]

Hello

My name is George, and I recently moved here from Antigua Guatemala...

,,,before that, I lived in NYC for 22 years - successful career in advertising...

Just moved to Cali... In Colombia, I am familiar w/Santa Marta, Cartagena, Medellin and Bogota... I will be here for at least 6 months/maybe much longer... I am happy to simply live/learn for my time here, but I am also open to a new business opportunities as well...

Best to all, George

Thanks for the reply. If I go to Cali I would like to see you..

Sounds good James - just let me know when you will be arriving. Would be happy to meet you. Best, George

Thanks looking forward to seeing you.

Hey, my name is George and I am heading to Bogota in the next coming weeks to be livng there for three months. Due to work commitments I have been told to pack up life in Mexico City and head to Bogota..

I am born and bred Londoner, but dont hold that against me! Despite living in Mexico City, my Spanish is woeful!

Come and say hello, dont be shy!

Hi, my name is Tommy Pickles and I like to throw eggs at moronic type people.

Hello Jorge, i hope the woman Cali take care about you  :) , I'm in Switzerland and return to Colombia in November my city is Prerira beautiful. :lol:
nice day   :lol: .

Hi everybody,

I've been here in Bogota for about 10 days. I'm Belgian and a translator (German, English and French), French is my mother tongue, I love doing sports and travel. I came to Colombia to learn Spanish, enjoy my youth and discover another culture. I live with two Colombians in a flat in Mazuren but apart from them, I don't have many friends and I hate doing nothing but walk in the city and take pictures. I'm staying in Bogota for 6 months (until the end of March) and I would like to travel to big cities likes Medellin, Cali, Santa Marta, Cartagena, etc. I don't mind having a job but I don't have any at the moment. 

If you would like to know me, be friends or if you have a similar experience, please answer !
I would be glad :)

Muchas gracias,

Céline

Hey George_sin, I would love to meet you once !

Hi !

I am French and live in Santa Marta for more than one year. I organize meetings with expatriates. I also try to begin to work as translator. Let me know if you go to Santa Marta.

Regards

Didier

Bonjour, 
Je ne veux pas pour le moment a Santa Marta. je suis a Pereira,je viendre lanne prochaine pour mon project turistique, et vous travaille aussi dans le turisme?

Guten Abend,

Ich bin Französe und wohne in Kolumbien seit letzes Jahr. Ich war Inmobilien und Bauexperte in Frankreich. Jetzt arbeite ich nicht.

Bis bald

Didetune wrote:

Guten Abend,

Ich bin Französe und wohne in Kolumbien seit letzes Jahr. Ich war Inmobilien und Bauexperte in Frankreich. Jetzt arbeite ich nicht.

Bis bald

ENGLISH please..

"Good evening,

I'm French and I've been living in Colombia since last year. I was an estate agent and a building expert in France. I'm not working at the moment.

See you soon"

If that could help you ! ;)

Thank you

Sorry but I was not estate agent but real estate valuer. It's a different job, I never sold properties. Perhaps I will sale here in Colombia.

Regards

hola Jorge.

Hi,
I am Sara from the United Arab Emirates and I want to meet Colombians as I am thinking about visiting Colombia in the future and my knowledge of South America in general is limited. Are there any Colombian expats in Abu Dhabi? I would very much like to meet with them in the hope of learning some Spanish.

Many thanks to all of you, Sara.

hey Celincita! nice to meet you! Im an ecuadorian who lives in bogota! I would love to meet you and be friends or meet up! lol sounds quite funny since i say it like that haha but nice to meet ya!

Hello, there is a saying regarding Medellin; the first time yougo, you like it, the second time you go, you fall in love with it, but the third time you go, you stay there forever, so... I love the city and I am sure you will be happy there. The people, music, food, hospitality, everything  is incredible there.

Hi all I am from Atlanta Georgia and am trying to find information about ibague Colombia. I am considering moving there but can not find much information about things like the cost of living, price of rent,  price of Internet, the best neighborhood for expats.any and all information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Allen

Hi All,  I am of Colombian parents but lived my whole life in the U.S.
I am a U.S. immigration lawyer and recently moved to Bogota for work.

Hola,

Como estas? Me llamo Selina.

I am planning to come to Colombia and I wanted to know more about Popayan as a community since that is the city I'm intending to live in. Gracias!

Hi,

My name is Mikael and I am from Sweden living in Bogotá since 3 months working in Financial sector. I am in urgent need of somebody to play squash with or watch NFL/NHL/NBA and drink beer if it suits you better. The colombian, spend-all-time-with-your-familiy, tradition is incomprensehible to me :P

Cheers

Mikael

hey, whats up guys. would love to live in columbia for a while some day. any chance of getting a job there if i dont speak the native language?

I am not an expat but I am married to a Colombian and I have a son, I live in Scotland

Do the celta course or a Tefl course and you will get a job no problem

Hi fellow expaters!  I'm glad to have found this forum. I am from Colombia and now live in the US. I am an entrepreneur with my own online store.  Looking forward to interacting with all of you.

Julien, 30, living between the south of France and Bogotá :)

I've also lived in Ireland and Australia.

My favorite parts of Colombia are: Cartagena and Leticia

Hi,My name is suzanne i have been a in my own bussiness for ten yrs i own 3 houses i am looking for friends im 38 merry christmas!

Hello,

I am James and now I am living the dream in Medellin.  In 2010 I left the rat race of the USA and headed for Colombia.  I made a few stops before landing in Medellin and falling in love with the entire experience.  Hopefully I will get to know some of you and we can share experiences.

J

thanks

Hello, how are you guys? I will be living in Colombia on March 15, kinda intrigue if there are Filipinos in Colombia. I am from Cavite Philippines

Hi all, my name is Jason and I'm currently living in the US & considering a move to Medellin sometime next year. I haven't thought that much about it yet, just starting to do the research and see if it's right for me. Basically, my job allows me to work from anywhere so I thought i'd take advantage of it while I'm still (relatively) young. Look forward to meeting everyone & learning about Colombia! Cheers.

hi...  ny nsme is vipin sharma I am from india.. I am 28 year old . I decide to settle down in Colombia . I want to buy a house in medellin.. plz help me.. I can afford a good partner. ..

Hi all, my name is Marie and I have recently come back to Cali after being here for 5 months teaching English in la Autónoma. I've been here three months now and am living with my boyfriend and his family near the south. I came partly to be with him but partly to start a career in the environmental sector after finishing a Masters. I start my job in a few weeks :)

My blog Honestly Cali on weebly will be up soon as the first and only Cali blog on this site :) Hope you click on it and subscribe!

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen

I've been to Medellin a few times now and I totally love it.   Currently I'm living in Toronto, Canada.  I have a long distance relationship with my girlfriend that I love very much.   The only thing stopping me from moving to Colombia at the moment is making a living down there.  I've never gotten myself acquainted with how the online business or marketing world works in order to start my own business, but would love to do that someday.

If anyone can give me any tips on how I would go about finding work down there or if anyone can give me any tips on internet business, keep in mind I speak very little spanish at the moment.

thanks for reading

:)

Hi. My name is Stuart. Just moved here from the UK. Always wanted to try spending an extended period of time in Bogota, and as I work online this means I can give it a try.
Not looking to isolate myself from Colombian culture completely, but as my Spanish is very basic and as I know no one here, a fellow english-speaking traveler/new settler to grab a coffee with and possibly explore the city with would be perfect.
Also if anyone has any recommendations for a school offering part time Spanish classes in the afternoons or evenings, that would also be great! I need to get learning...very soon!
Best,
Stu

I've been in Barranquilla for almost 4 days now. My name is Art Williams. I work as a writer, online, so I can live anywhere. I was working for my magazine from Ras al Khaimah, UAE, prior to coming here but my boss said he'd pay my way here. He thought I was crazy wanting to come to Colombia.

I, having been here once before back in 2001 and keeping track of how it's changed in the interim, knew that it wasn't as dangerous as some people still think it is. So...I'm glad to be here and to have a chance to see Carnival and also to try dancing Vallenato.

I'll admit I've had one hell of an experience so far. I didn't realize how few people speak English in this town. I've got a place to stay over on Calle 84 and Cra 44H but I haven't been able to get the wifi situation over there sorted out and it's really been a 'pain' b/c I've had to find internet cafes to do my work in (about 3 hours a day).

Matter of fact, I might be looking to change my resident if I can't get things sorted out where I am now.

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to improving my Spanish. I had one year of it in high school so I know just enough to know vaguely what they're talking about. I wish I knew where I buy some material to help me learn while I'm here.

Here's my 'about me' link: about.me/artwilliams

I've also got a Tigo number now (the manager at the store just around the corner from where I live speaks excellent English). My # is 300 762 7797.

I do know one young lady here and maybe we're going out tonight but I'd love to meet anybody already here and perhaps 'go out' to some dance spots. I'm really a big Bachata fan but I understand Vallenato has a similar step and they do play some Bachata here anyway.

Regards,
Art Williams

Hello everyone,

Just a little reminder that this thread is reserved for the New members to give a little introduction about themselves and get a starting point on the forum.

So as to avoid being off-topic on here, I suggest that if ever any of you has a specific topic he/she would like to talk about, to do so on the Colombia forum by either participating in the existing threads or else create a new thread. ;)

Thank you all for understanding,

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

Closed