New to Nairobi-looking for salsa enthusiasts

Hi DKariuki,
Just moved to the Westlands area from Gigiri and have been busy settling in, so haven't attended any salsa nights yet, still clueless on what style is popular. Been to the gym at Sarit and they offer classes, spoke to one of the instructors, I don't think there are many On2 dancers about. Let me know if you attend any salsa nights, I'll keep you posted as well if I come across any decent places.
Cheers!

AlieninCairo wrote:

Hi DKariuki,
Just moved to the Westlands area from Gigiri and have been busy settling in, so haven't attended any salsa nights yet, still clueless on what style is popular. Been to the gym at Sarit and they offer classes, spoke to one of the instructors, I don't think there are many On2 dancers about. Let me know if you attend any salsa nights, I'll keep you posted as well if I come across any decent places.
Cheers!

I have since left Nairobi but while I was there I only went to one salsa event (Metro lounge on Koinange St Fridays). It was predominantly On1 and very beginner-friendly if you know what I mean. One of the girls told me she could count the number of people who dance On2 on one hand, so you just need to find them and follow them around. Good luck!

checkout ngong road prestige plaza,3rd floor,i think 500 per hr

A LATIN AMERICAN.FRIEND OF MINE IS NEW IN NAIROBI. HE IS VERY GOOD IN PLAYING LIVE SALSA MUSIC WITH HIS GUITAR. HE WILL LOVE TO JOIN ANY AVAILABLE SALSA MUSIC.BAND. PLEASE HELP SUGGEST PLACES HE CAN.CHECK OUT

I have attended 2 places that have live salsa bands so far, one is at the 'Art cafe' at the Oval in Westlands and the other is at 'Seven grill and lounge' at the Village market in Gigiri. Both play on Friday nights.

thanks alot

I know a young lady that is a good dancer. Maybe they might meet and create a team!

hey,

there's a salsa night at the serena hotel, just not sure which day. if you need lessons i also know a teacher. let me know

Hi is this still on? looking for salsa dancing mates for July.

Hello love salsa,

Given that this thread is not active i would suggest that you start a new thread in our Nairobi forum if you have any questions or wish gather people to act as dance mates?  :par:

Good day,
Gavind

Heey,
There are social dances at Farenheit kimathi ST opposite KFC,in town from 6pm till latenight and at Rafiki's club in Langata from 8pm till latenight.
Dances include salsa,bachata and kizomba