Vehicle prices

Hi all,

Moving to Moshi for 4-6 months starting in November.  I am hoping to buy a motorbike to get around but cant really find anything to suggest what kind of money i should be budgeting for this. I would be interested in some kind of 250cc dirtbike style.  No real concern for age as long as it would be generally reliable.  I would also be interested to know what the general price range would be for "cheap" car would be.

Suggestions?

Also what is the situation for drivers licenses in Tanzania?

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

If you are having a driving licence from your country based on that you can get your driving licence at Tanzania the charges will be Tsh 20,000 - Tsh 30,000.

Regarding Car you can get some cars for Tsh 3 M also.
If you are looking for a motorbike 250 CC try this link cars.tzadverts.com/search.php?type=21
you may get an idea about the motor bikes which are sold at Tanzania.

Wishes
Expat Tanzania

Thank you, that is helpful.  What is the process for applying for/getting the Tanz drivers license?

If you are at Moshi you can apply to the local Drivers Licence Office( I am not sure of the exact Location of the office) I think the fee is around Tsh 10,000 which will be around $ 8. You need to take 2 passport size photos with the driving licence which you got from your country.

I do not have a SA drivers license and will have to get a tanzanian, anyone know the costs involved? I would also like to know the cost of a "cheap car"