Research Project Expatriation

Dear Expats,

in times of internationalization of many companies, working abroad becomes a major part of an individual's career path. Questions that arise are “What are the consequences of my international work experiences for my career and my income development? How do different forms of expatriation differ in this respect? Which impact does a life abroad have on my life satisfaction?”
The aim of this research project by the Chair of Human Resource Management at the University of Bamberg is to learn more about your individual reactions to international work experiences and to derive practical recommendations for organizations in order to improve their career management in the international field.
This online survey is self-explanatory and easy to complete. There are no right or wrong answers. All responses are strictly confidential and your anonymity is completely guaranteed. It will take approximately 20 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
Thank you very much in advance for taking time to complete our survey. Before you start, an organizational issue: Please only complete this survey, if you currently execute your legal work abroad, including a change of your dominant place of residence.

If you have any questions or need further information concerning the survey or the use of it, do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]. We welcome and appreciate your feedback, comments and suggestions.

Professor Dr. Maike Andresen, Susanne Imhof, Jil Margenfeld

Link:  methodds.de/limesurvey/

LErnst wrote:

... Please only complete this survey, if you currently execute your legal work abroad, including a change of your dominant place of residence.

Ernst. Please spell out what you mean by "your legal work"? That's an ambiguous term, in English.

As you can see from my website, I am a former Manager and Director of the Cayman Islands Chamber of Commerce, so my question is not an ignorant one.

Another badly thought out questionnaire that will not help anyone!
My situation cannot be squeezed into the multiple choice options given, so I had to lie to get further ...

beppi wrote:

Another badly thought out questionnaire that will not help anyone!
My situation cannot be squeezed into the multiple choice options given, so I had to lie to get further ...

Someone posted this puerile rubbish a few days ago.
It's ill thought out, so any conclusions will be total tripe.

We expats must be the most "researched" group on the planet, judging from the number of postings just like this one ....... all the same, and most of them are really "marketing research".

I wonder how many of these surveys are genuine. It seems a very amateurish way to begin researching a subject, yet we are never told what groundwork has been done. Lazy students, if they are actually students!

Have to agree with you Gordon.

Lazy students trying to do their research the lazy way. Not bothering to undertake the hard yards them selves. My brother lectures in marketing research and I have seen him spend hours and hours researching subject matter for his lectures.

Find activities and meet other expats

OR