Neighbours

Whether flat or own house, we all have got Neighbours! What do u think of them, Bliss or Pain?

Depends in which area you live, I guess.
I see hardly my female neighbors because they live mostly inside their homes. Some of them I see occasionally and then they great politely. They invited me one or twice for tea but they never came to my house.
The men there ignore me due the culture and religion things.

But I must say, in case you need them, you can count on them. Like last year with the heavy snowstorm and we were snowbound for four days. I needed some bread and one of the neighbors who went out for some shopping bought for us bread.

We have a garden or what the locals called a "mesra'a" and in season we give our harvest away to them. In return we get some nice dishes and with one neighbor I exchange some now and then a recipe.
Another neighbor lives most of the time in the KSA but when she comes.... chat chat chat and we discuss about everything. She is one of the most open minded Arabic women I met till now and it is a relief to know that these kind of women exists.

Until last year I had American/Mexican neighbors who lived here for two years. I saw them almost daily until they moved back. They couldn't handle the Jordanian mentality.

The funny part is that some neighbors do complain about the lack of contact with others but do not much about it to change it. And yes, me included.